68Brick's AP Armor Build ... Shooting for Expert Infantryman or Centurion

Thanks Airborne. My kidney plate arrived with no return edge on the bottom. I'm hoping the belt will hide that seam.

Using the paint stick and heat gun method from here on FISD, I gave my belt some shape.

IMG_0968_zpscxuwwzqp.jpg

I inverted the paint sticks in this picture. i used them so the warp in the paint sticks helped round my belt.

IMG_0973_zps9p1ilkpt.jpg

Sewing machines must have been a Rebel invention. Evil things they are. I had to use use some FORCE to guide my hands and patience. :angry:

IMG_0978_zpsr3ppndkr.jpg

I'm going to make the space in the drop boxes usable for keys etc. Idea stolen from another FISD build.

IMG_0984_zpskxhbcdbu.jpg

Sacrificed a pair of my wife's socks for pouches in my drop boxes. A little Velcro to secure them and to keep the boxes closed and my belt is good to go!

IMG_0985_zpsfkx15au0.jpg

IMG_0993_zpsngs3ngmw.jpg

• Like 1

Gloves saw a little glue yesterday. A bottle of wheel wax had the perfect curvature to it and fit nicely in the gloves.

IMG_0989_zpsop04n8kq.jpg

IMG_0992_zpskbvpodbv.jpg

IMG_0997_zpskkwcqjub.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, it's been a while I know. I've been busy making snaps plates and straps. Oh, and enjoying the summer sun! B) Time for another test fit.

The pics are with snaps holding one side of the strapping and tape holding the other side. I already see in the pics that I have to bring the sides of the kidneys in (water bath time), and lower my belt on my ab plate. I've also got to figure out a way to keep my butt inline and minimize the gap between the butt and the kidney plate. Please have a look at the pics and let me know if everything is sitting correctly. Also, do I have the correct shoulder bells on the correct shoulders? I think I do.

Let me know as I want to make it right! :smiley-sw013:

IMG_1311_zpsdlh6qy9b.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsffj5h94r.jpg

IMG_1303_zps6ubvsngu.jpg

IMG_1308_zpsq7nffshh.jpg

IMG_1313_zpshabxlx9h.jpg

IMG_1301_zpslnwwjqim.jpg

I also gotta close up the kidney to ab gap. I think i need to remake those elastic straps and put some tension on them. Or, move my snap plates in a touch. I would prefer not to dance with the Rebel sewing machine again. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...