Plushie's TFA Build Thread (TB-24601)

plushie

It's nice to be back to work on this, without the pressure of CVII!

When you aren't in a rush there's more time to look over a problem and ponder solutions, not just rush to one conclusion ;).

Looking forward to the rest of the build.

• Like 2

I've been sick with a sinus and double ear infection too.  :6:

So taking pictures kinda was at the bottom of my to-do list over the weekend. (Sorry guys!) It was more, want to get this done so I can go lay back down. I should pull pieces out and take pictures as I tweak things like chicago screws and velcro. 

Spent a couple of hours wiping parts down as there was still a nice coat of dust clinging from wet sanding. I also added a coat of polish for convention prep. 

Belt's done. Now to re-attach the knee plates to the gaskets!

post-22799-0-23661200-1432154089_thumb.jpg

post-22799-0-48602100-1432154102_thumb.jpg

I like this second pouch having the function of hiding the buckle and remaining belt length.

post-22799-0-15836500-1432154108_thumb.jpg

Nice to read your build Shana. I am anxiously awaiting my first box of Anovos goodies...and...this will be very first build of anything, ever.

So I try to read everything here...and feel somewhat comfortable I am not alone in our garrison on this immense project.

I'll be following your thread. Keep up the good work and for now: good luck with that sinus and ear!

• Like 1

Ooof, welcome to the stress! This was my first build and not something I'd recommend to other first timers. HOWEVER, it's been rewarding and a huge learning experience. 

All I have left to do is attach those knee plates, then make adjustments as I wear the costume. Then make more adjustments when my fabric gaskets arrive!

I have a feeling I'll still be working on this kit for quite some time!

• Like 1

I have a feeling I'll still be working on this kit for quite some time!

With the paint and bondo, I think it'll be forever (unless battle damaged suits become ok lol)

But yeah, so far I'm still sanding and painting.. the parts I did are smooth like glass now, but I feel like I have become quite anal about the process :S

• Like 1

I finally got to wear my armor this weekend! My belt was accidentally put on me in the wrong place. I do need to raise my thighs. The cod needs to be secured, as I really looked happy to see people at times! There are other adjustments to be made, such as the chest piece, bicep and forearm securing. 

Day 2 was much easier than Day 1 in regards to moving around. I did find that my yoke/back developed surface cracks due to the stress of flexing over the rubber gaskets. 

post-22799-0-79560400-1432600336_thumb.jpg

I have to share this... during Monday at Denver ComicCon, this young lady wanted to see the episode VII armor. Unfortunately I wasn't kitted up, but I let her see the helmet and pictures from the previous day. Her expression is priceless!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 4

In addition to above... a garrison mate was filming on the last day with his go pro and caught this ...

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fabric gaskets have arrived! LOVE THEM. They arrived just in time for my next work session on my armor. We'll be reinforcing the yoke, and quite possibly get to work on trimming down the kidney armor under my armpits. 

Now to go buy sew-on velcro for the gaskets, or snaps in black. I haven't quite decided which yet. 

Francois's boots and gloves are also on my items to upgrade list. Along with Wyatt's latex gaskets. And re-sanding/repainting. 

Hubby and I are gonna be BROKE costumers, he wants to upgrade parts of his ROTJ Vader too. #501stProblems

Edited by plushie
  • Like 2