One stop shop for supplies/tools (North TX)

Hey everyone,

This is for N TX peeps

I live in Plano,TX and there is an Elliots Hardware right around the corner, i just ordered my armor and have no tools or supplies for the job.

Instead of ordering all this stuff one by one or searching amazon/ebay, i wanted to see how much of it i could find locally.

Elliots Hardware had almost everything i needed!

Painters tape, tools, E600, snaps, straps, dremel and accessories and even magnets, all at a good price

So for those of you in the area (and are impatient or have not been collecting supplies like they should have, aka me) then this is your store.

Just wanted to share my find.

Regards!

If you have a Jo-anns or Michaels, they usually have 40-50% off coupons in their adds or on retailmenot.com   I went there for the e-6000, Heavy Duty Velcro, foam cushon for inside helmet, super glue, etc.  Also, theres Harbor Freight for cheap equipment and always have lots of discount coupons, however keep your recept because some of their stuff is..cheap, but they always let you return them with recept.

Thanks Starfox,

I still need to get the elastic for the shoulder straps and a snap tool (the only couple of thing i couldn't find at Elliot's). I will try Jo-anns if i can find one close by.

If you have a Jo-anns or Michaels, they usually have 40-50% off coupons in their adds or on retailmenot.com   I went there for the e-6000, Heavy Duty Velcro, foam cushon for inside helmet, super glue, etc.  Also, theres Harbor Freight for cheap equipment and always have lots of discount coupons, however keep your recept because some of their stuff is..cheap, but they always let you return them with recept.

• 2 weeks later...

I have both Tandy and Walmart Snaps on mine.  Sometime when I get home at 9:30-10:00 and THNK I might have a few minuets to work on it, Tandy is not open !  Grin    (Even though I'd prefer to use a Ace or Tru Value Mom and Pop shop)

Dan

Hardware and craft stores will have everything you need to build armor. I became a friendly face at my local stores during my builds.

I love down the road in Allen. A lot of troopers in this area. If you haven't, get in touch with "other Tim" here on FISD (Dark CMF). He can keep you in the loop with upcoming armor parties and such.

Many NTX and 501st will be out at Dallas Comic Con end of May. It's one way to meet a lot of us in one location.

• Like 1