Magnetic switch

Hello Troops, 

After reading Spycee's thread on a magnetic switch, I decided to give it a try. This is a beta version of a beta version. It's simply a window switch for an alarm system. Now, I can't wait to troop to see how it will go. But, I'm sure I will need to move something around to get it more functional. 

https://youtu.be/BIVn0isPLBY

Eric

• Like 1

It is exactly what I want to do, but I prefer not having a cord that runs on my arm. I will place the magnet in the glove, and the other part inside the armor. Thanks for the example !

Awesome idea. Loving the static bursts.

Just wondering how you want to control this while holding your blaster...?!

Well, it's pretty simple actually ; I don't know yet lolllll

I was thinking about last night and I still think the push to talk switch is better, for now, until I managed to get a way to make it work. I did not spend time on it. I used a 3$ switch and an earth magnet. I'm trying a way to make a PTT better. For me, the orginal IComm one is too small. Maybe just a bigger button would do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Very interested in this from the Mando standpoint. Maybe I could place this in a gauntlet and the magnet in my glove? From the TK standpoint PTT would make more sense but you could always place it in the non-firing hand (the one holding the barrel) and subtly activate it.

Very interested in this from the Mando standpoint. Maybe I could place this in a gauntlet and the magnet in my glove? From the TK standpoint PTT would make more sense but you could always place it in the non-firing hand (the one holding the barrel) and subtly activate it.

I'm currently building a mando and I never thought of that. That's a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

To use with a blaster, simply put a second magnet on the blaster at a specific spot, then move your hand over that spot to speak. 

I'm working on a system that switches from external communication, to a private channel via walkie talkie to talk to my wife while we troop. Would be useful for squad communications too. But I'm looking for a smaller magnetic switch than a typical window/door switch. The recessed door switches can be smaller, if you cut them out of the plastic holders. Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-951WG-WH-Recessed-Magnetic-Contact/dp/B001UKY1A4/ref=pd_sim_hi_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=093A541Z3JGMGKJPRY7K