Help and sugestions needed, BIG THIGHS

Hi all

Am currently helping a new cadet build his armor for basic approval, so I am chasing some suggestions on the below photo.

Now this guy is a big unit, I mean solid.

Unfortunately his anxiousness got ahead of his research, and he purchased a trimmed SDS. he is also 6'4", so has been fun and games for him getting this together.

Unfortunately, today is the first day he has asked for help, so these thighs are glued at the front with CA glue, so cant adjust from there.

The span of the gap is 70mm, so a cover strip would need to be roughly 100mm wide to facilitate the span.

I think our friend is slowly starting to appreciate the term, Research, research, research, cause I've told him to talk to AM and see if he can order some biggger thighs.

My thought process is to shim it like you would to your kidney plate for  girth in Centurion (no gaps) and then make some ABS paste to fill the two gaps/crack whatever you prefer to call them.

Then make what you might call a "fake" cover strip to run down the back, and mach the size cover strip to the back of the calf.

So it still is a type of but joint. Obviously only  approvable for basic and no higher.

I am open to any other suggestions.

IMG_1535_zpscbjjbobl.jpg

Hey Andrew, I hope my tutorial will help. I have big thighs too . . .

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26001-haribon72s-anh-stormtrooper-ne-hero-build/?p=383679

Thanks for that, was thinking similar with the ABS past and an extra piece of ABS glued in the centre, but the sculpting clay is a good idea..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet the 2 inner shims, with the ABS paste or whatever plastic weld putty or clay (sanded and painted after) would hide it pretty well- keep us posted!   This would be a bit trickier with needing to heat each shim first to get the bend correct to match the thighs they are attached to, then a regular coverstrip attaching each shim.