Bucket lift

Ok guys, i have a TM kit, with one of the most beautiful helmets ive seen. Now on an initial tape up of my chest/back when putting the bucket on the armour lifts the lid. Ill admit i have a lucaslike neck and a small head but are there any things i can do to minimise this

If I'm understanding your issue correctly, have you considered trimming off more ABS from the lower portion of the bucket?  The other option would be more padding at the crown to lift up the bucket.

For me, it was the opposite.  I had to get a thinner pad for the crown because it was too high and I could barely see.  With the thinner padding, it's perfect now for me.

I've found that once you completed everything and actually put it all on, you'll find that you'll need to tweak things here and there.  I also had to cut the hole bigger on the bucket too because it was a bit snug with the neck seal and bucket fans on.

Edited by hon143

Adding a chin strap in addition to the padding could work.  From my experience the chin strap will tend to rotate the helmet forward a bit such that even with padding you should be able to retain your sight line through the lenses.

The chin strap will pull your chin diagonally towards the top rear of the helmet.  If you have padding already, you can simulate what the chin strap would do by pushing from the top rear of the helmet down and forward toward your chin.

the helmet should not be trimmed, that won't work.

a chinstrap and the proper shaped star foam should work fine. just tilt the helmet forward and downwards.