Kidney trim help....

Hola!  I am at the point in my AM 2.0 build where I need to trim the kidney plate, and REALLY need some input/diagrams/build threads concerning this aspect.  As you can see, (photo 1) it is entirely too long in the back, and I think trimming the kidney would be the best bet.  (?)  Any tips, and especially photos, no matter how small, would make me one grateful guy.  Also, will I need to add a return edge to the bottom after trimming?  (To be honest, that scares the bejeezers out of me, but I will attempt it if necessary).  Many, many thanks!  (Critiques also very welcome)! 

post-22112-0-43150200-1424623320_thumb.jpg

post-22112-0-86615900-1424623332_thumb.jpg

Edited by justjoseph63

Judging by this picture, the kidney isn't the only part that needs work. But trimming the top bridges of the back and raise the whole back section (back, kidney and butt) up will help getting the feel for things. The sides of the chest and back, as well as the butt will also need a lot of material taken off. The top/collar of the backplate should sit where your shirt collar is.

Something like this:

post-22112-0-86615900-1424623332_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, Mathias, you just made my day!  It gave me the courage to do the trims I was hesitant about, and now I am not going to have to trim the kidney plate after all!  EXCELLENT advice, and many thanks!  I will be posting the new photos as soon as I can.  One step closer.......

• Like 1