Very dodgy armour help

Jane

This is all down in the eBay section but as it seems to be being missed and a fellow trooper could use advice I thought I'd ask up here. (hopefully thats ok)

This is the topic that started it:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29586-what-about-this-ebay-armor/

I bought some armour from this seller last year and was fortunately advised to run before I made any cuts.  Being in the UK as well I was able to send it back and I bought RS instead.

Now it seems he's making some very interesting claims about his recast FX armours lineage.  The new member on the thread has bought two lots of armour from this guy and is understandably concerned.

Here is a link to his new auction:

------------------------

he's told TK1024 that:

its a anh original mould armor and his friend has being making since decades and that the maker has made for 501st and has had photoshoots with 501st legion 

Hopefully you guys with much more experience than me can offer some help here.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This why we tell people to shy away from armor dealers on EBAY. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to open your wallet or swipe that card. Regardless of the lineage he claims IF, and I say IF, the armor is like he has pictured, it is still the old FX armor and you would need to do major modifications to get it to go any further than basic approval. The money that would be spent upgrading everything would be better spent on a suit that assembles better, looks better, and fits better. 

The first link is such a lie, they actually stole a picture of one of our members. This is why ebay gets a bad name

I think the discussion was fairly well covered in the other thread. What help are you after? I can see 3 options for TK1024:

1. Return it

2. Sell it 

3. Build it

If option 3, then start a build thread and everyone will try to pitch in and help where they can.