vocoder painting

hello,

i am having a horrible time trying to paint the vocoder on my AP, it never looks right to me and so i keep removing the paint and trying again, i am afraid that i am going to damage my bucket with all the paint thinner. I was wondering if someone had made a stencil?

Thanks for the help

Thomas

I think you need to use a special brush i dont know the name but it is flat and rounded at the end, see pic below. Dont overload your brush as it can run, take your time and look at plenty if good reference photos.

Here is my vocoder and the kind of brush i used

lIWjBya.jpg

AXmQqLB.jpg

I use a fine tip brush to make the outer edges ofthe vocoder, then fill in with a larger tip brush. Start at the top and work your way down. I make it slightly smaller at first and then work outwards until I am happy with the overall look. You do need a steady hand so take your time and do it right.

• Like 1

Thats pretty much what I did. Started small and kept adding til i got it. I used one of those rounded flat brushes like above. I took my time and kept playing with it til I got what I wanted.