AM 2.0 bucket questions...

Hi!  I received my AM 2.0 armor yesterday, and am very happy with it!  Just a few questions, though... I noticed that the face-plate has a large ridge on the top.  My concern is that when I "dry-fit" it together, it looks as if the brow seal will fit WAY too high.  Also, there is a small "bump" on the bottom of the left eye opening.  I think I read someplace on here that that is normal.  (Or did I dream that)? LOL

AM was kind enough to send me 2 sets of tube stripes, but, since I am shooting for Centurion, I am going hand painted.  The photo shows that the small size is Stunt, the larger size is Hero.  My problem is that the painting templates I ordered look like Hero, (large), and I am doing a Stunt build.  Any and all help/info./suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S., I have done a LOT of diligent research in the last few months, but I will still have more questions if I can't find something in the forums.  Thanks for bearing with me!

post-22112-0-10927800-1423779267_thumb.jpg

post-22112-0-28909500-1423779276_thumb.jpg

There really is only one way that helmet goes together as I have seen. Dry fit everything first before you go hacking anything regarding that ridge off. As for the tube stripes, there are no such thing as Hero or Stunt tube stripes. Why they come labeled like that is beyond me. If you are going hand painted and are using the trooperbay templates it won;t matter anyway. Just make sure you have them on the correct side.

Ditto. The ridge, from my understanding, is to add a bit more rigidity. Get the cap and back glued together first, and the rest will be very similar to other helmet builds.

The rear traps will not align perfectly between the cap and back fyi. Also, do not force yourself to use the pre marked dimples for aligning the face to the cap and back. They are pretty close, but not 100%. What i did when aligning the face was use a nunber two pencil lined up with the front of the front traps, and center that off the back edges of the tears as best you can. Ive built two of these helmets and was happy with the alignment using that method.

Besides the visible seam and larger ears, it is really a strong helmet when fully assembled. Compared to the AP helmet I just received, this thing is an absolute tank.

Darth Vorhess has an awesome NE helmet thread you should look at, the NE helmet IS the AM 2.0 helmet, and basically the only part of NE armor allowed to be sold on these boards.

I also have a build thread that includes this same helmet on my signatures link below.

Good luck trooper! Cant wait to see the finised product!

• Like 1

Many thanks to you both!  I know a lot of AM 2.0 kits were sent out recently, and hopefully this will help someone else as much as it did me.  Going to check out your build right now, (and the Darth Vorhess). 

• Like 1