Cover strip width question...

Hi!  Well, today is "Big Brown Box" day, at last!  I was thinking of starting by cutting the cover strips first, but have read 2 different opinions concerning this.  I believe the standard is 15mm for the forearms/biceps, and 20mm for the front/rear of the calves.  I have read that some go 20 for the thighs, and some go 25, but was wondering if this is just a matter of personal preference, or can it affect EIB or Centurion status.

Side note:  I will be using painters' tape to cover areas where I don't want to get any E6000, but (as often happens), it gets where it doesn't belong.  How difficult is it to get glue off of ABS?

Thanks for any and all input...  Much appreciated!

Hi! Concerning the width of the cover strips this is mainly up to you. In the movie they were cut in haste to get ready in time. So anything in between the widths mentioned should be ok. As to the Glue E-11 is super easy to get of so it's not a big problem if there is a small spill.

Good luck with the build! :)

//Adam 

Gongrats on the start, Joseph!!!! 

For the glue, I've had good success removing unwanted glue off  my DZ mask project.  Try putting some on scrap plastic or inside area and let it dry a couple days to see how well it comes off for you.

Have fun on your build!  :duim:

I would recommend waiting until you've trimmed the part and sized it to your specs. Cutting cover strips takes only a few minutes. So you're not saving much time by cutting it all in the beginning.

I received my brown box last week. And I'm nearly done with all the trimming and gluing. I only have the thigh pieces, thermal detonator, and a few small accessory pieces left. Then the hard part, I think......strapping!