New recruit questions - ANH Stunt

This is a collection of the questions that I've come up with during my research into constructing an ANH Stunt Stormtrooper. Any replies would be most helpful before I head down the road of actually parting with money and putting my model making skills to the test.

I'm currently tossing up between AP and AM 2.0 armour, are both able to be taken to Expert Infantry and in the end Centurion? I'm not particularly interested in having to replace bits. Size wise I'm on the smaller side, about 5'7"-8" and 150 pounds.

Is there anywhere I can find measurements for where snaps etc sit? I'm super-perfectionist. Or is it just looking at screen shots and trying to get it as close as possible?

Has anyone found the Pantone colour refs for the paint used on the armour and lids?

Is there a preferred method for joining armour together? I've seen threads of different methods?

Electronics in lids - is this a nice to have or actually useful? I live in Australia.

Thanks, Bekka

Welcome aboard. With your frame and if you want to bring your armor to higher levels, go with AP. The AM will be to big for you.

I'm on my cell so, I can't really get you the link for the paint, but if you go on the main page, you will see a photo reference button on top. And same thing for the rivets.

To join the armor, go with the cover strip method. It's the accurate way of doing it. And it's not harder to do.

For the electronics, mic, speaker and Icomm are to give a better feel to your armor. Fans are almost mandatory, especially with the Aussie heat lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

For the weight you are perfect with the AP, for sure.  You will have to trim it on the height to get it your size.  It can definitely be Centurion, the only modification to do is the notch on the sides, very easy to do.

For the snaps positions, there is no perfect way to do it.  In the movies snaps were not used.  You have to find the best way for you, check the EIB and Centurion threads, they are very helpful.  What is not visible is at your discretion.

I used snaps on mine and it's really good and easy to do, not visible at all on the outside.

Bekka22, you are similar in size and weight to me.

I went with AP, Mark was a pleasure to deal with, answered all my questions and gave great advice. The AM kits are quite large in size, and do require parts to be replaced to hit the centurion level . Took my AP to Centurion no problems at all.

I will find my centurion application and post the link for you, also have a basic build thread I can post the link for that to if you like.

I'm sure I have said a quick hello to you on the Redback forum, I have the paint info you are looking for, and more than happy to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the Centurion application I mentioned

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28708-tk-11469-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ap140/

Hope this helps a little.

Build thread

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28366-slys-ap-anh-stunt-tk-build/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As for joining your armor, if you have an interest in achieving any of the accuracy badges, you need to construct the two piece parts like the thighs, forearms and biceps by butt joining. The part halves come directly together forming a single seam that is hidden under a cover strip. Continue your research as these cover strips do have specific widths.