Not sure where to start!

Greetings Matt, and welcome to the FISD!!!

Well... You're in the right place - in more ways than one: FISD is THE Stormtrooper place, and you posted your introduction in the "Getting Started" section of the forum, so this is where you start. ;) I typically link to this section in the introductory responses.

Go and have a look at the "Advanced Tactics" section (EIB and Centurion). Each build there will list the armor type, and the ht/wt of the trooper making the request. That will help you to get a good idea of which kits fit different body types better.

That's the best way for you to get started, based on what you're asking right now. Once you start to get a feel for which kits might fit your body type best, you will start to figure out some follow-up, more specific, questions that you can ask.

Again, welcome, good luck, and remember that research is your best friend at this point in the process! Feel free to ask questions as you go!

• Like 1

Hi Matt, also a warm welcome from me,

my first suggestion would be to start over with the costume reference library (CRL). The forum's homepage provides links to the particular Stormtrooper armor on the left side ("Film Canon CRLs" and "Expanded Universe CRLs"). Find the Stormtrooper armor you'd like to build. When done and as Tim pointed out: Refer to the "Advanced Tactics" section and get familiar with one of your favourite armor. All Expert Infantrymen or Centurion armors in here fulfill a) the 501st standard and B) the accuracy grade "Expert Infantry" or c) even "Centurion" grade, the 'ultimate' accuracy grade of a Stormtrooper armor as declared in the CRLs. A special section in our forum refers to build threads of many menbers. In here you'll find some very good descriptions on how to build a particular armor the right way or see solutions to special problems ...

But: Feel free to ask !!! This will prevent going the wrong way in this somehow "special" hobby ;)

• Like 1

A good help can come from your nearest garrison.  See if you can see and touch an armor from a 501st member, and get informations from him.  It will also help a lot.  Where do you live ?

Hello everyone I'm new to this and always wanted to get some armor but never knew where to go or what to do.

I am looking to buy a kit, I am 5'6 and 190LB not sure which ones will fit and what to even look for.

If someone can please help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, and welcome