ATA vs. TK boots guy's armor?

Recently, I discovered that the maker of TK boots also does armor? It looks quality, however I am already on the waiting list for Terrell. Out of curiosity, I was wondering if I could get a comparison? I still kinda feel like I'm leaning towards ATA, tried and true, but this other guy has been touting his product, which is fine, I'm just no expert.

I bought by TK boots from Imperial Boots, got them this week.
Had to special order the size cause i have big feet so it took some extra time but when i got them i couldnt be more happy.

Check out this thread for more information regarding them.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29164-imperial-boots/page-3?hl=%2Bimperial+%2Bboots#entry378320

yes. ATA and MTK are derived from the same molds. I have an ATA bucket and an MTK bucket and suit. The buckets are almost identical, only difference is the ATA is slightly smaller. Ive heard thats the way with the suits as well. Both are very good. ATA has a long wait where MTK is quicker. Cant go wrong with either in my opinion. I dig the imperial boots as well. Very comfortable 

yes. ATA and MTK are derived from the same molds. I have an ATA bucket and an MTK bucket and suit. The buckets are almost identical, only difference is the ATA is slightly smaller. Ive heard thats the way with the suits as well. Both are very good. ATA has a long wait where MTK is quicker. Cant go wrong with either in my opinion. I dig the imperial boots as well. Very comfortable

He just released a new run too. Not to mention he does have some fixes to the kit he made for accuracy.
  • Like 1

To chime in. I agree with Brian with the armor, not much difference between the two besides the wait times. I've been on Terrell's wait list since August, no biggie though I already have a set of ATA.

As for TK boots I wasn't aware Terrell sold boots also, that's news to me.

I have a pair of both Imperial boots and tkboots, both very nice however, there's room for improvement with the Imperials. Compared to other manufactures (like tkboots) IB's leather, elastic and pull tabs are much thinner. Also, there's been a concern over the amount of elastic used in the "U" section (excessive), as well as the leather stitching underneath is off center, instead of center. A concern I personally have is the distance between the front and rear sections of leather being excessive causing calf armor issues due to the boot material bunching up, a concern I didn't have with my tkboots.. Most of these concerns have been brought to the sellers attention. Time will tell if any changes are implemented. Being Imperial is the cheapest boot in town it will be hard to ask buyers to wait while the jury is out. Choice is yours. 

• Like 1

To chime in. I agree with Brian with the armor, not much difference between the two besides the wait times. I've been on Terrell's wait list since August, no biggie though I already have a set of ATA.

As for TK boots I wasn't aware Terrell sold boots also, that's news to me.

I have a pair of both Imperial boots and tkboots, both very nice however, there's room for improvement with the Imperials. Compared to other manufactures (like tkboots) IB's leather, elastic and pull tabs are much thinner. Also, there's been a concern over the amount of elastic used in the "U" section (excessive), as well as the leather stitching underneath is off center, instead of center. A concern I personally have is the distance between the front and rear sections of leather being excessive causing calf armor issues due to the boot material bunching up, a concern I didn't have with my tkboots.. Most of these concerns have been brought to the sellers attention. Time will tell if any changes are implemented. Being Imperial is the cheapest boot in town it will be hard to ask buyers to wait while the jury is out. Choice is yours. 

No, no, I mean the 'TKboots.com' guy also makes armor kits. I wanted a comparison between his ARMOR and ATA armor :) Is the helmet being slightly smaller an issue?

Where can I look at them? The MTK?

ATA and TK Armor are totally diffrent. TK Armor is AM. Saw the new AM, it's a nice armor and build sturdy. Build for bigger troooers, with some plastic to trim for smaller troopers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Look up trooperbay on facebook. He's the same guy

New troopers, if you haven't read this yet now's a good time. Almost everything you want to know about armor and their builders.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Edited by ukswrath

ATA and TK Armor are totally diffrent. TK Armor is AM. Saw the new AM, it's a nice armor and build sturdy. Build for bigger troooers, with some plastic to trim for smaller troopers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Bigger how? XD