TK-31415 Requesting ANH Hero (Han Solo) EIB Status [ATA][418]

Zaphod

Hi All,

Here is my submission for Expert Infantry Status.

I was aiming for a "A New Hope Han Solo" look. All comments are welcome. I want to go for Centurion also, so any advice would be great.

• Name:                Pete Cantrell
  • TK ID:                31415
  • FISD Name:       Zaphod
  • Garrison:           New England Garrison

Mandatory Information

• Armor = ATA
  • Helmet= ATA (Hand Painted Look Decals from Trooper Bay)
  • Blaster= DoopyDoo with some upgrades

Optional

• Height = 5'11"
  • Weight = 210lbs
  • Boots = TK Boots
  • Canvas belt = Tkittell
  • Hand Plates = Sonneschein (Karin's Han Solo Alternative Style) 
  • Electronics= Fan for Bucket, Aker Amp with ICOM
  • Neck Seal = Veedox (Hero Style with Bib) 
  • Holster = TKBondservnt 2392

Front - Arms at side

PB110007_zpsa10452c4.jpg

Back Arms at side

PB110008_zps08180f21.jpg

Left - Arm Raised

PB110012_zps734b53ca.jpg

Right - Arm Raised

PB110013_zps3b5a5710.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm Raised

PB110020_zpsb578941e.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm Raised

PB110021_zps6488d576.jpg

Abdomen Details

DSCN0074_zps2794f9ef.jpg

Action Shot

PB110018_zps6e56a6cc.jpg

Cod & Butt Attachment

DSCN0072_zpsc3581d20.jpg

DSCN0070_zpsa0115937.jpg

Interior Strapping

DSCN0064_zpsefc083b0.jpg

Helmet - Front

PA280011_zps20c4b275.jpg

Helmet - Right Side

PA280010_zps1026c81d.jpg

Helmet - Left Side

PA280012_zps5630d004.jpg

Helmet - Back

PA280013_zps5abe5c93.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

PA280015_zpsb53d633f.jpg

PA280014_zps1f6c1ab9.jpg

Lens Color

PA280016_zps81d701f7.jpg

PA280017_zps07d62fb8.jpg

Blaster 

PA280052_zps9301efa6.jpg

PA280051_zpsf797ca77.jpg

PA280050_zps1874661b.jpg

PA280049_zps4f685727.jpg

PA280048_zpse6408d3a.jpg

Neck Seal

DSCN0097_zpsa0edc2a8.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Back

DSCN0067_zpsd32f183b.jpg

Holster Attachment - Front

DSCN0100_zps9a9f8a29.jpg

Holster Attachment - Back

DSCN0101_zps4983b7b0.jpg

Thank you for looking

Alright, Pete! Thank you for your application for Expert Infantry! You have a very nice set of armor accompanied by a nice build! Let's take a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements: 

All required submission photos have been posted.  Very nicely done!!! Your armor meets all the requirements for EIB!! With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This is the section where your fellow troopers and myself provide suggestions toward the overall look of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will not affect any application!

I want to start with your shoulders. They are sitting a distance from your ribbed shoulder bridges and should be right up close if not touching them. I believe there are two factors causing this the main one being your bicep hooks. Not everyone is built the same unfortunately. Some have longer this or shorter that. We have to adapt our armor to our bodies. Sometimes that is easier said than done. Although your bicep hooks are a nice touch and accurate with the "Han" suit, they are pulling your shoulders out of position at least on your right side. The second is that your shoulder bell to shoulder bridge straps are just too long. Try playing with these adjustments to bring them closer together.

The next thing is your torso. I am trying to figure out if it is shimmed or if you have just left all extra material on your sides. Typically during fitting, the ab and kidney are placed together on the body and any overlap on the sides is marked off and trimmed. With your weight dimension at 210, I find it difficult to understand why you need any extra material at all. IT is just a suggestion, but some re-sizing here will give your torso a much more streamlined look and although it might be snug, it's a small price to pay. Something I also noticed was that you left all the unnecessary return edge at the top of your kidney. I like the incorporation of the original style brackets, but you really don't need any more than 3/8 inch of return edge to make those work. Reducing this may also help to bring your ab and kidney closer together.

You may want to go back and remove some of the extra return edge off the sides of the chest. You have a LOT here that can be removed:post-12041-0-57868500-1415906562_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-42509700-1415906655_thumb.jpg

Your belt had a bit of a droop in the front. This should be raised so that it sits up against or slightly above the bottom of the button plates. 

The last suggestion I have is in regards to your chest. It seems to look very uncomfortable and being pushed way up on your body. The on screen troopers had their chests, for the most part, resting right at that ridge line that extends up from the button plate. Yours is way above this. Compare the distance between the top of the button plate on your armor with these screen troopers.post-12041-0-56791400-1415907618_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-78002900-1415907742_thumb.jpg I think if you lengthened the elastic that joins the chest and ab and lowered your chest to about here:post-12041-0-15887900-1415907787_thumb.jpg, It might improve function and may even bring your shoulder bells closer to the top.

The last thing that I noticed that if you want to tackle is up to you, is the thickness of the ears on the helmet. Han's helmet ears were really thin as seen in this shot but maybe I'm just being picky.gallery_12157_11_195636.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

I would like to see your shoulders and belt brought up closer to the proper positions. Other than that, unless something shows up on your Centurion photos, I can't see anything that would hold you back!

Congratulations again!!!!!

Thanks Steve. Very excited to join the ranks of the Expert Infantry.  :jc_doublethumbup:

I really appreciate your suggestions also, Centurion is a goal of mine.

You are right, the armor is not very comfortable to wear at the moment, the chest being the biggest problem, followed by shoulder bells.

I didn't trim the sides of the ab, or kidney plate at all. If I did I would have had to use shims to close the gap. (there is an expensive/expansive beer gut under there filling up all that space :laugh1: )

"Streamlining' this area as you suggested would involve me getting my butt up on the treadmill. :P

Trimming all the return edges I left for the brackets could give me more room in there. If I switch to a snap plate and strap system instead of the brackets, what in the minimum return edge I should leave?

Do you think adding another snap in the center of the belt to attach to the ab plate would help keep it up higher?

I will lenghten the strap from back plate to chest plate also to see of that helps lower the chest.

Once I get the chest in the right position, I'll work on the shoulder bells.

Bicep hooks I may leave for the Han look, but do away with their functionality, what is everyones opinion?

Keep the suggestions comming.

Thanks again

Pete

You could keep the bracket system for your back/kidney. I would just knock the return edge back a little bit. Just leave enough return edge to support the screw loop on the bracket. You don;t want to go too thin or the screw hole will create a weak spot.