Blaster while waiting

I've ordered ATA armor and I'm looking at starting my blaster.

I've seen a couple designs and I'm thinking about what route to take.  I saw a cool design on Youtube, and somewhere here I think, where the guy put sound and light in his blaster.  I've always wanted to play with those arduino boards so maybe this would be the time.  Not sure how complicated I want to make the first one though.  I might need something a bit quicker since I have the rest of the accessories to round up still.

Tim Waychoff gave me this link http://www.doopydoos.com/star-wars-props-and-replicas-31-c.asp

I assume I could order the accessories from them to use on a PVC tube.  I have a lathe and access to a mill, laser engraver and 3d printer from a friend.  If I had a small part that was detailed I could draw it in Solidworks and ask to use his 3d printer but I wouldn't want to do large parts on it, it's a bit expensive.

Just some ideas, I'll have to keep reading and find out what options are out there.  I like the kit he ordered http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26179-a-small-slightly-beat-up-brown-box-arrived-recently-doopydoos-full-resin-anh-e-11-build/   I'll have to look at it and other threads and figure it out  :)

Tim

Nice research, here's a couple of links to my builds Hasbro build Blaster build for centurion

There is a great thread on an arduino based E-11 by Skyone in the Electronics for Blasters/Helmets sub-forum. I tried to paste a link to it, but I guess I don't have enough posts yet.