wal-mart voice changer feedback

Hard to say. What mic are you using. I have just the board from inside the unit mounted in my helmet and I am using aerator speakers and the mic that came with the unit. Its all in my helmet and I get no feedback. In fact it took me a few tries until I got the cheap mic in the right place to pic up my voice. I know some guys were using more sensitive mics and getting feedback but I would think it would be difficult to get feedback from the mic that came with it. When I was testing the wiring I had the speaker that came with the unit pointing back at me so i could hear it and the mic wasnt getting feedback. Unless your chest piece is directing the sound back up toward your head where the mic is? I previously had a radio shack amp on my belt and got a ton of feedback. Its a trial and error thing. <_<

yea im using the mic that came with it so im gana have to try to figure something out

Ā 

I am running the same thing as Drosch in mt helment with no feedback issues at all. However today I started experimenting with putting a brand new unit in my chest plate using the speaker that is built in and youre right, with the unit speaker in the chest plate you do get some feedback. Fear not though, since you arent the only one working on the same delimma.

I used the Radioshack amp and speaker system with the mic mounted in my helmet (for now). It get some feedback, but it throws my chest plate off slightly. I'm thinking of just hitting Radio Shack tomorrow for a speaker mounted directly to my chest plate to make it all more low profile. I like the idea of the areator speakers. I see some folks use those. I like those and would like to contain this all in my helmet at some point.

Ā 

Good to see you on here Smitty!

Ā 

Movado (aka Jesse)

I found the cheap mic from radio shack really adds to the feedback problem. I switched to a small clip on mic which helps. Its powered by a watch type battery. Its designed to clip onto your shirt or collar. Its also much smaller than other powered mics since it uses a tiny battery vs the AAA type. I also isolated the mic a bit by placing a piece of gel insole from my shoes between the mic and the helmet.

I have found that placing the unit high up in the chest plate with the speaker firing towards your chest reduces feedback because the soundwaves are hitting the underarmor and is absorbed. If its too low it will fire against the ab plate and reverbrate off of that and I think thats the source of the feedback issues. My main problem now is placement of the mic in the helmet. IMO the aerator speakers just arent loud enuff to be practical. Im considering trying to incorporate a wireless link between the mic mounted in the helmet and the unit mounted in the chestplate. That way I can just swap out helmets for whatever Episode I want to represent.

I've used the walmart voice amp a time or two. I like it better than the RS amp. It's a lot smaller too, removed from its box. I find it to be a very nice alternative to the RS amp. Cheaper too.