Boots and Seams.

Quick question guys.

I have read a lot about the boot seams as far as what is acceptible and not. I have not run across and threads about inside seams extending forward.

Mine have a side seam with a slight inner side seam extending in the front.

Any ideas if this is acceptable for the 501?

Thanks so much!

post-21948-0-92665600-1414972233_thumb.jpg

• Jodhpur/ Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
  •     Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

personally I'd pass on those boots.

much better to get a proper pair of jodphurs anyway?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• Jodhpur/ Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
  • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.
personally I'd pass on those boots.

much better to get a proper pair of jodphurs anyway?

Better yes, but its not always practical to spend another $70-80 and have a months long wait if all you want is basic approval. The ones posted looks a lot like caboots which are fine from what I've read.

there are jodphurs that are real leather that look 200% better than the ones listed above.

sure, in this hobby it's fine to shoot for basic acceptance, but when you finally get the bug for accuracy you'll

have wasted the "saved money" by having to purchase another pair.

as we have said before, going the best route from the beginning actually saves you time, money and heartaches in the end.

a real pair of jodphur boots is designed for horseback riding, so they are far more comfortable than you might think.

Angelus leather paint works like a charm.  some acrylic leather sealer also works very well to shine and seal the boots after painting.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

there are jodphurs that are real leather that look 200% better than the ones listed above.

sure, in this hobby it's fine to shoot for basic acceptance, but when you finally get the bug for accuracy you'll

have wasted the "saved money" by having to purchase another pair.

as we have said before, going the best route from the beginning actually saves you time, money and heartaches in the end.

a real pair of jodphur boots is designed for horseback riding, so they are far more comfortable than you might think.

Angelus leather paint works like a charm. some acrylic leather sealer also works very well to shine and seal the boots after painting.

Vern said something good here that I did at the beginning. Paid cheap for basic and get better later. I spend twice the price of an armor just by fixing mine and ended up by having to go with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk