forearms

has anyone had to shorten their forearm pieces? I have FX armor, and mine fit me for the most part, but seem like they would be a bit more comfortable and pinch my inner elbow less if i cut off a bit of the length from the wrist area. maybe like 1 "dents" worth. Is this a bad idea?, should i just leave it alone? i know once i cut it, i cant put it back, so id just like to know if anyone has done this and how the result was. Im also trying to stay as movie accurate as i can (ANH) thanks in advance everyone!

I had to trim mine also, my forearm pieces dug into my elbows so bad that I couldnt even reach my head to take my bucket off by myself. The only problem I had was I cut the end closest to my wrist (most unnoticeable). And I had to take the forearm pieces apart and trim them a bit because they were too loose on my arms.

Why make them shorter?

Ā 

Just trim the offending inner half where it is digging into your arm, up near your elbow joint. I found the same thing with mine and I trimmed the iner section, just making the curve that bit deeper until it felt better. You can also make a small curve at the wrist on the inner half too which helps.

Why make them shorter?

Ā 

Just trim the offending inner half where it is digging into your arm, up near your elbow joint. I found the same thing with mine and I trimmed the iner section, just making the curve that bit deeper until it felt better. You can also make a small curve at the wrist on the inner half too which helps.

Ā 

OH! i didnt even think of that! Good idea, i will try that first, if allelse fails, then ill shorten them. i just want to be able to get my bucket on! lol

Another thing I found better was to have the forearm higher up than normal, so that when you bend your arm, the forearm sits under your bicep and really reduces any nipping. If you try to make your forearm fit over your bicep when you bend your arm, chances are it's going to nip more. Just try pulling your forearm up closer to your bicep before you do any cutting and see if it makes any difference. Worked for me anyway :)

I had the same problem with my AP. I couldn't reach my head and had a lot of pinching on the inner arm. I trimmed the length just a little which didn't help. TK4201 recommended that I cut out the inner arm near the elbow as TroopMaster recommends. That helped a lot. I also trimmed the length of the bicep piece. I'm only 5'7" and AP is made for someone who is 5'11". I still occasionally get some pinch. I pull the forearm piece down towards my wrists, put my helmet on and then pull them back up into place. I like the idea of trimming a little bit just on the inside of the wrist area to give you a little flexibility there. I may have to try that out.