EJGreen's RT-MOD (Stunt) Build Thread[*RT]

Also, do all your test fitting with your compression under suit on as it will make a minor difference to the fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The original forearms did not have the "square indent ridge " end on both the wrist and the elbow sides so if trim that off you will be fine. As for the 35 mm ridge, if you still have excess room in your forearm, trim the ridge on the top of your arm down to the 15mm and leave the underside as it is.post-12041-0-22962300-1415580364_thumb.jpg

The original forearms did not have the "square indent ridge " end on both the wrist and the elbow sides so if trim that off you will be fine. As for the 35 mm ridge, if you still have excess room in your forearm, trim the ridge on the top of your arm down to the 15mm and leave the underside as it is.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

As of right now, my forearms still have the square indent ridge on them.  Is it a Centurian requirement to trim that off?  I think I may have managed to get the outside/inside edges down to 15 mm with cover strips.

I'll check my RT forearms later today but Rob does leave a lot on the wrist side compared to the original suits and Centurion standards. I trimmed mine back quite a bit but not all the way as I should have.

My forearms are technically too short on me and they're strapped too close to my elbow and my gloves pop out now and then when I'm dancing around.

-Eric

More from the LFL archives:

gallery_12157_16_25835.jpg

gallery_12157_16_26869.jpg

Due to an exhausting work week, I've been a bit absent from the forums.  I'm back and working on my build, once again!  I'm still working on the arm pieces and I'm still not sure what to do with the wrist edges on my forearms.  I'm familiar with the screen accurate edges but I'm worried that if I trim them down, my forearms are going to be too short.  At the same time, however, I'm not sure whether leaving them intact will jeopardize Centurian approval.

I'm fitting the biceps together for measurements and I wanted to know if there should be any return edges.  Same for the shoulder bells.  The CRL doesn't specify return edges for these parts but I wanted to know if it's common to trim the return edges for the shoulder bells and the biceps.

Hi Eric. I am also building an RT-Mod kit right now. I have been following your build. I saw your question above about the return edge on the wrist and if it will risk Centurion approval. I saw in a post requesting Centurion approval (link below) who received feedback on his wrist return edge that required correction.

Check out the Centurion approval comments from gazmosis and you'll be able to see the return edge picture as well.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28177-tk-80806-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata141/

-Rod

Hi Eric. I am also building an RT-Mod kit right now. I have been following your build. I saw your question above about the return edge on the wrist and if it will risk Centurion approval. I saw in a post requesting Centurion approval (link below) who received feedback on his wrist return edge that required correction.

Check out the Centurion approval comments from gazmosis and you'll be able to see the return edge picture as well.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28177-tk-80806-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata141/

-Rod

I appreciate your feedback, Rod.  My dilemma doesn't so much pertain to the return edges at the wrists.  As a matter of fact, I've already trimmed them off so they're nice and smooth.  On the RT armor, the forearms don't have the "ladder tracks" extending all the way to the edges like so...

ForeamEnd_zps53a72e36.jpg

It's much more screen accurate to shorten the forearms so the tracks end at the edges.  If you look at the picture above, I'd have to trim off that pale blue area which would shorten the lengths of my forearms quite a bit which would result in a bad fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Making good progress my friend!!!

I have to shamefully admit that somehow, I had un-checked the block to receive the notifications of new posts in the threads that I follow. I have been wondering why nobody was posting to anything. Not sure how I managed that, but I clearly did. BAD ATTACHE!! BAD!!!!

Apologies to you, for my (completely ignorant) absence when you needed some help. Won't happen again. LoL

Making good progress my friend!!!

I have to shamefully admit that somehow, I had un-checked the block to receive the notifications of new posts in the threads that I follow. I have been wondering why nobody was posting to anything. Not sure how I managed that, but I clearly did. BAD ATTACHE!! BAD!!!!

Apologies to you, for my (completely ignorant) absence when you needed some help. Won't happen again. LoL

Slacker....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I apologize for not keeping on top of my own buil thread. BAD MEMBER!! BAD!!!!

Anyway, after a lot of consideration regarding the edges on my forearms, I think I'm feeling comfortable enough to trim them back to be more screen accurate. I looked at the forearms and realized the amount I would trim isn't as much as I was perceiving.

When I look inside the forearm piece, there's are some pretty obvious ridges that tell me where I would cut.  I actually measured them and if I were to cut the excess off BOTH edges it's only about 22 mm...

forearm_edges_zps388dc641.jpg

Which DOES add two more questions now...

1) Do I trim the edges back at the elbow end to match the wrist edges?  What I find interesting is that when I stand both pieces on end, the outter piece is slightly longer then the inner piece.  I was worried that if I trim the outter edge that I would have to trim the inner piece as well but I don't know if that would be the case...

WP_20141125_007_zps7b6109cd.jpg

2) I have one forearm already built with the cover strips (and inside strips). Am I still able to cut those edges? I'm kinda scared to dismantle it since it's already been cured for a couple of weeks now.

Edited by EJGreen

Okay, I gotta admit that I'm really excited that I made the decision to trim these edges!  I measured three times, cut once and used some 220 grit paper to sand the edges nice and smooth...

WP_20141125_009_zps5c4c441a.jpg

In case anyone is following my build, for their own suits, allow me to show a side by side comparison of what this looks like between trimming the edges and leaving them alone...

WP_20141125_010_zps4d50a075.jpg

With the forearm that's already built, I WAS able to squeeze my hand through the wrist--it's tight but I can get my hand in there!  Now, with the edges trimmed back, I'll have a little more wiggle room for getting my mitts through the wrists.

When it comes time to submit my applications for badges, the jury can't argue that there's any return edges there!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by EJGreen

So I've trimmed both the wrist and elbow edges on the forearm to be more screen accurate--the ridges now run the full length of the piece.  I cut away the inner wrist edge (the same amount that I cut from the outter piece) and when I stand both pieces side by side, I see that I need to trim a bit off the inner piece at the the elbow...

WP_20141125_011_zps978bd635.jpg

Here's another comparison between the forearms that have had all the edges trimmed and the piece that is still intact...

WP_20141125_012_zps85f3f9df.jpg

WP_20141125_013_zps58547509.jpg

WP_20141125_015_zps1993ec50.jpg

Elbow edges.

WP_20141125_014_zps74a8384a.jpg

Wrist edges.

I still have no idea how to trim the forearm that's already glued together.  I really wish I had made this decision earlier  :blink:

Edited by EJGreen

I laid the trimmed piece over the pieces that are already glued together and drew lines with a pencil to see where I need to make the cuts in order for both arms to match up in length.  I'm trying to think of a way to trim these edges without pulling them apart.  I'm not sure if I should make an attempt to use my blade or the Lexan scissors.  I'm more concerned with the cover strips... that's three layers of plastic!

WP_20141125_016_zpsce4bea18.jpg

I decided to bite the bullet and trim this forearm using a "blade knife-dremel-sandpaper" combo...

WP_20141125_017_zpsf1443b6e.jpg

WP_20141125_018_zps00fae02b.jpg

Here's what the finished edge looks like so far.  I think a little bit of sanding, here and there, will pretty it up!

All I need to do now is do the same thing for the wrist edges and this piece is pretty much done (except for adding snaps).

Noob Tip: This is NOT the correct way for doing this!  Don't make the mistake I made by gluing everything together before making a decision to trim things up!  Originally, I couldn't make up my mind to go screen accurate with these or trudge ahead and leave them "as-is."  Once I realized I could go for accuracy, I had to take a step backwards with pieces that I had already glued together.  Even though I managed to achieve what I wanted to do, I would have saved a lot of time and frustration had I trimmed these pieces prior to gluing them together.

Edited by EJGreen
  • Like 1

Looks like you did a good job with it.  I was going to suggest the Dremel for the trimming of the assembled forearm when you got to the cover strips.

The "extra" time and frustration that are there right now, are going to make a huge difference in the end!  ;)

• Like 1

After trimming all the edges of the forearms for better accuracy, I tried the one that I had already glued together to see how it looks/fits...

WP_20141125_019_zpsb009679f.jpg

WP_20141125_020_zpsb4aee23f.jpg

The wrist circumference is much bigger than it was originally.  But as predicted, my hand can squeeze through there a lot easier than before.  I hope the overall length isn't too short.

Any thoughts?

Edited by EJGreen

Eric, the forearms look great.  I'll be going over your posts in detail when it comes time for me to do my own.  Thanks for all of the descriptions, pics and advice you've placed in your build thread!

I appreciate your kind feedback, Rod. More to come soon!