DarthDadio's AM 2.0 ANH Stunt (EIB)

DarthDadio

Day 17: Finished strapping the three back sections.  Glued snap tabs to the the ab and chest.  Laid out the locations for the side straps, and cut lines for the cod.  Added cover strips to the forearms.

To finish off last night I worked on my torso strapping and played around with fitting everything.  So far I am not please with how everything hangs.  I am looking at taking off some of the return edges and reducing them down to about 5mm.  Also think I need to increase the length of some of the straps.  I'm sorta holding off while I complete the placement of the snap tabs.  I need to put a tab in the crotch and some for the shoulders.  There is only so much you can do with blue tape.

RwAPSeS.png?2

I'll be out camping this weekend so everything will have to wait until I get home Sunday.

Day 19: Camping but came back early.  Worked a bit with sizing on the torso but ultimately decided I needed to make some drastic changes such as trimming the back and reworking the biceps.  The only forward progress I made was trimming the shoulder strips on the chest and back pieces.

Day 20: Back in business today.  Started off the day by tearing apart the biceps.  I had to resize them because I wasn't wearing them properly and this made them too big.  In this picture the right bicep has been reworked as compared to the left.

TkG7tpi.png?1

I also trimmed my back piece to take out the overlap with the kidney.

affDGi2.png?2

Now everything is glued and should be ready to move forward tomorrow evening.  This includes all of the snap plates.

Day 21: Put cover strips on the biceps after rebuilding them.  Also finished strapping the torso parts.  Could you give me some critique on things I need to improve?  (I am not good at selfies)

wKzsAe5.png?1

zJqIUac.png?1

nyeB2b7.png?1

On a side note, we are having a dessert contest at our cub scout meeting tomorrow night.  This is my entry...

vcodBzz.png?1

• Like 2

I would trim some more on the side flaps of the chest plate. Once you get your arms together, you will get a better feel of how much to trim off of there.

I trimmed mine to where my arms were constantly clashing with my chest plate

Day 22: I think at least one of my scouts is a rebel collaborator.  When I created a certificate for the "Most Star Wars-ish" dessert I fully intended to win.  Instead, I was beaten in a surprise attack.

IgaCfqF.png?1

Not much progress today.  Added a few snap tabs for the shoulder bells and biceps.  Trimmed the shoulder bridges.

Those cupcakes look fantastic!  Your build is coming along, looking good!  I know what you mean about the strapping and getting everything to hang correctly.  I made so many different length elastic and nylon straps w snaps it's not funny, trying to get everything just right.  

Edited by Tusken RTT

Thanks Scott.

Day 23: Getting down to the little details.  Worked on strapping for the shoulders and hand guards.  My wife finished sewing my neck seal.  I will probably be trimming some of the return edge from the top of the biceps so I can pull them up a bit further.  I also need to trim the flaps on the chest.

kXMDemg.png?1

M0H8URf.png?1

6CZqc7e.png?1

df3Q8Uf.png?3

This is what I think I have left to finish:

1. Add elastic for back of shoulder bridges
  2. Trim from wings on chest plate
  3. Strap bicep to shoulder bell
  4. Sew belt (wife) and assemble
  5. Attach holster to belt
  6. Attach belt to ab
  7. Paint ab buttons, trim and attach to ab
  8. Make TD clips
  9. Trim TD down to size and assemble
  10. Make thigh garters
  11. Trim thighs and glue cover strips
  12. Paint all of the appropriate buttons and rivets white
  13. Take picture and submit application for approval
  14. Get carry tote and put armor away before my wife kills me

I already have the following things I want to improve:

• Reshape the biceps for a better fit
  • Close the gap on the right ear
  • Rework padding inside the bucket
  • Waist trimming
  • Fans and electronics

It's going to be a busy weekend but I think its all doable.

Oh, one more thing.  Last night while I was using the dremel to sand down the bicep return edges I somehow caught a sharp edge and sliced my thumb.  My funny 10 year old asked if I was trimming my thumb now.

Day 26: So far I have painted the ab buttons, made a set of TD clips, put the TD together, made a garter, and now I am working on trimming the thighs.  Looking for thoughts.  How does this look?  Do I need to trim any off of the top?

KvfNDj1.png?1

Day 27: I reworked the ab buttons a bit, but the square from the kidney plate, started attaching the velcro for the should bridge, and corrected the issues with the garter.  Here are some test fitting pictures.  All comments are welcome.  My wife is working on the final piece now, the belt.  I need to do something to pull the shoulder bells up a bit.  How is the length of the thighs?  I am still considering trimming the top and rebuilding the return edge.  Also looking at trimming at the back of the knee to make walking a bit easier.

fo2AbLh.png?1

wqvSomo.png?1

One other thing.  My wife is concerned with my butt.  Particularly this little bit of overlap after I walk around some.  I think it will be better once I have the belt in place.

VJIQdtf.png?1