Shins not fitting over boots

Jaren Valnor

Hello all,

I'm quite new here. I've had a T/MC kit for a while and have been working on it with help from my garrison-mates. Prepping for a cross-country move [well technically I've already moved but now I'm driving from PA to CA and taking most of my things] and decided I should probably finish it this weekend or something before I go.

I've got all parts glued and painted and whatever. Pretty much everything's done except for the actual strapping, and the attachment of the knee and battery belt. I was going to close up the calves today and work my way up, but I realized my calf won't fit over the boot. I've got Merona [Target store brand] Jodhpur boots. Not ideal, I know, but they're synthetic/vinyl, the ONLY jodhpur boot I could find as such, and I'm ethically opposed to using leather [please don't try to convince me otherwise...I'm not pushy about my point of view but it's started a flame war on other propmaking boards in the past when people's "solution" to a related problem is to just try to overturn my beliefs :rolleyes: ]

The boot itself allows about 1/2" of space in front of my shin and a little less than that behind my calf. Any suggestions on how to make it fit? How wide can I expand the calf to be? I can try to get pictures later tonight.

It's hard to say without putting eyes on the problem, but I had issues with my shins rolling around & put a strip of Velcro between the top of the boot & the bottom/inside of the shin. This might be an option for you to help keep your boot under the shin if the boot is tall enough.

Post some pics of your boots/shins so we can see the exact issues.

My boots are rubber, not leather and are also a bit wide at the top. I haven't yet, but am considering slicing the side elastics which will then allow me to manually close them up tighter around my ankles. If they don't stay put, then someone suggested to me to wrap white duct tape around them to hold them closed. This tape will then be hidden by the shins over the top. Again, haven't tried any of this myself, just suggestions made to me.

Get some photos up so we can give better suggestions. You may need to use a wider cover strip at the rear, which is permissible for submission even at higher levels. What width are your current cover strips and is it a ANH build?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this it what i had to do to my bass amsterdams, not hard and holds well if you SLIGHTLY bend the snaps into an oval shape the snap super tight. do a little at a time so its secure enough to not pop off while walking.

9911325635_9027f2705c_n.jpg

9911322945_6de9086ff7_n.jpg

also if youre careful with a heat gun you can bell out the shin bottoms like the fx shins had. i also recommend gluing in a stirrup strap to hold the shin over the boot and it wont pop up while walking

14097835853_4e317394ca_n.jpg

• Like 1