ATA Helmet Bottom Opening Dimensions

OnlineJeff

I'm working on my ATA Helmet right now.

Can someone who has an ATA helmet measure the rough distance from side to side and from front to back of the opening at the bottom of the helmet and post it here?  I want to be sure that I'm not pushing the face too far into the cap.

Thanks

The face should be pulled as close to the forehead of the cap as possible so there is no gap.  Put the rubber brow-trim on the cap, then use clamps to keep the face nice and tight up against the cap while you drill the side holes.  Trim the opening up to the mold line.  You may have to do a little more trimming where the opening meets the bottom of the ears in order to get the S-trim to stay secure.   

uwaw6E0.jpg

f4pTshP.jpg
GdITcM8.jpg

Measured mine with trim installed, 170mm front to back, and 220mm side to side. Unless you don't have a nose you'll have to put it on sideways and rotate it to get it on.

As stated above though, fit the cap with the rubber trim installed to make sure that the front to back positioning is correct.

Edited by 87ninefiveone