i hate a chest and back plate problem

hey guys. i am putting my armor together and when i tested out my strap to hold the chest and back plate together i noticed that the elastic wasnt pulling the back plate all the way to my lower back plate and you could clearly see the velcro inside the back plate. what can i do to get rid of this problem. should i leave the chest and back unattached or try to use less/a stronger elastic?also i used the dev con plastic weld i found at wallmart and it is coming apart wherever their is to much stress do you have any advice? thanks

i got devcon epoxy. it says super strength 1250 psi for concrete, glass, metal. plastic, and rubber. 60 seconds working time 5 min handling time. for my forearm peices i lightly sanded each side but they came apart so i fixed the problem areas and it seems to be a little better now but it still comes up in some spots a little. but my biceps are like totally coming apart. i didnt sand them hoping to avoid any bad parts like on the arm but it didnt work. i sanded put glue on one side(which i heard you were supposed to do, used these black clams with orange tips on every part. it says 16 piece spring clamp set and it comes in a clear bag. i know ive said allot but any help would be greatly appreciated.

well i found a temporary solution. i got industrial strengeth velcro ad used the adhisive to hold the two peices together. it looks fine. haha. i just put the velcro on the back. ad i think im going to put velcro from the abb plate to the back and chest armor instead of directly conecting them if this doesnt work im hopping i can do a better job with the old method. thanks for all your help. do you thik this stuff will work. you guys are awesome.

realy it says full strength an hour and i put it o for 5 minutes but i didnt think i put to much force on it i gues i try to reglue it and let it sit.

TWENTY FOUR HOURS!

If you rush it, your armor will look like an impolite person.

24. 2-4. Like Jack Bauer, but in ABS.

yea thanks for the info. i just didnt know. im definitely going to let it sit next time. maybe even two days cause i want to be careful. good thing i have allot of clamps so i can let more than one thing sit at a time. do you guys think if its ok if i have a little gap or should i go back and redo the arms too. i was planing on doing it if i ever thought it affected the look of the armor. to give me an excuse to work with my armor longer^_^.

• 3 weeks later...
i got devcon epoxy. it says super strength 1250 psi for concrete, glass, metal. plastic, and rubber. 60 seconds working time 5 min handling time. for my forearm peices i lightly sanded each side but they came apart so i fixed the problem areas and it seems to be a little better now but it still comes up in some spots a little. but my biceps are like totally coming apart. i didnt sand them hoping to avoid any bad parts like on the arm but it didnt work. i sanded put glue on one side(which i heard you were supposed to do, used these black clams with orange tips on every part. it says 16 piece spring clamp set and it comes in a clear bag. i know ive said allot but any help would be greatly appreciated.

devcon plastic welder is what you want.. it has a 3500 psi and dries to a cream color.

I bought the 1250 psi stuff by accident (dries clear) and had the same problem