Thermal Detonator Screw Size?

What is the correct size screw(screw head)for attaching the metal brackets on the thermal detonator?

What should the diameter of the screw head be?

I know they used black slotted pan head screws according to the Bilhag reference pic.

Also, aside from confirming the size, would you happen to know where I can purchase them?

I found pan head screws in a marine supplies shop, they also had stainless steel industrial snaps for marine use on boats. I don't recall seeing a head diameter reference so I scaled the images and work on a size of 5 mm.

See if anyone else chimes in with more accurate info.

I found pan head screws in a marine supplies shop, they also had stainless steel industrial snaps for marine use on boats. I don't recall seeing a head diameter reference so I scaled the images and work on a size of 5 mm.

See if anyone else chimes in with more accurate info.

Thanks Andrew. I am located in Japan and they don't seem to carry slotted screws anymore. I will look into Marine shops here based on your find.and thanks for the scaled measurements. Maybe some other members will be able to confirm the screw head size as well.

Thanks again.

Troopermaster uses screws that measure 6 MM across. So as long as you can get some near that size, you will be fine.

His are also actual course thread screws. If you can fine threaded bolts with nuts that can screw on from the inside, as long as the head is slotted and black it will work

Thanks Steve for that info. I just found some place in the US that makes pan head screws for antique hinges. They might be about that size I hope. Going to order some and have them shipped over.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...