unclesven's RS ANH Stunt build [*RS]

Also a question about the e-11. I've been trying to find a good picture somewhere showing how to trim these edges, but to no avail. How have you guys done? Should I trim these so that they are even with the edge of the rail?

scope_zpsa26aa33e.png

Delayed response, but the few builds that I just looked at (Gazmosis, usaeatt, Russell) all seems to hang over the edge of the rail. Leave it as is, I say. Edited by Sith Lord

Delayed response, but the few builds that I just looked at (Gazmosis, usaeatt, Russell) all seems to hang over the edge of the rail. Leave it as is, I say.

Better late than never :-) Thanks for the input. I was looking at several e-11 threads but couldn't find any definitive photo showing this. I'll leave it as is. It's always easy to trim down in the future if need be. Cheers! 

I also was going to weigh in on the scope request... :(

Oh well, it IS an armor build, after all.

Looking great so far! Keep at it and you'll be a trooping Centurion in no time!

Thanks for the input about the e-11 (even though it's an armour thread :-)) And also about the thighs. I've continued working on them now, and I think I'll sort it out. I'm still trying out the right thigh before trimming it down and glueing it. But no doubt, I'll soon be back with more questions :-)  

20140708_214813_zpshxyttxka.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A short question about rivets. I have these split rivets. They are about 8 mm. I was planning to use them for the left side of the ab/kidney and also for the crotch. As I understand it this will be good for Centurion. However, I also need 2 rivets for the thigh ammo pack. Some say that these should be slightly smaller (like 7 mm) and preferably cap rivets. But a split rivet and a cap rivet will look the same from the outside as far as I understand (and both are consistent with the CRL statement of "a solid head rivet or fastener"). The CRL doesn't mention the specific size of the rivets for the thigh ammo pack, and it doesn't mention either cap or split rivets. So the question is if I can use these rivets for the thigh ammo pack, and still be allegeable for Centurion?  

20140801_130336_zpseqvpe2bm.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Continuing with the build after a few weeks abroad. I'm putting the torso together now, specifically attaching the abdomen and kidney armor. The CRL states that the rivets should be spaced equally. However, the RS kit had pre-drilled holes for this and they are clearly not spaced equally. In the picture I've just put the rivets in the holes without actually fastening them. Are these pre-drilled holes spaced equally "enough" or do I need to fill the middle one up and make a new hole do you reckon?

And, btw, if someone has any input about the rivet question above I would appreciate it :-) 

20140831_182931_zpsoantydsu.jpg

Don't worry, it's evenly enough. Those pre-drilled holes RS armors have, are from the rivets locations on the Original suit they have recast so they are accurate.

About the rivets for the thigh's ammo pack, you can indeed use the same split rivets used on the left side and be Centurion approvable. However, for accuracy they should be CAP rivets with a 7mm head.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and use the pre-drilled holes. I'll also see if I can find some smaller cap rivets for the thigh ammo pack, and if I don't I'll use the split rivets I have. I guess I can always replace them later on if there will be problems with the Centurion application. Right here and now I just want to get it all together so I can start trooping. Centurion or not :-) 

• 2 months later...

Soooo, this has got to be one of the worst build threads in recorded history. Bad to non-existent updating, irrelevant pictures and incoherent ramblings. But in the end I made it through, and now I'm an approved member of the legion :-) I also did my first troop a week or so ago. Now I'm going through my kit and fixing all the battle scars from the first two days of trooping (ammo boxes falling off, shins moving around, biceps sitting to low and so on). But I guess this is how it is after your first troop. All in all it was a great experience, and I fully enjoyed the whole thing (even getting my behind kicked by one of those pesky rebels as you can see in the photo). In the second photo I'm the one to the left behind Vader. Even though my own build thread is a disaster, I have had a lot of help from the forum in different threads and through PM. You are all great, and I'm very happy to finally be part of the Legion. Thanks! 

cheers

TK-66261

DSC_0201_zps3bea27e7.jpg

DSC_0227_zps1f884073.jpg

Edited by unclesven