T/MC Armor Purchased on eBay - Real or not?

87ninefiveone

Hi Guys,

I found this auction yesterday with about 30 min left on the clock. I was on the list for ATA (already have a helmet in fact), but I'm impatient and wanted a suit to build for Halloween in October and was worried about not getting it in time to do the build. Also tried contacting T/MC via the listing here on FISD a few weeks ago and got nothing back....So, long story short, I picked up this kit unbuilt kit for $750.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221450996503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

From what I can tell it looks right for a T/MC kit, but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on whether or not it actually is. It appears to be missing any sort of cover strips, but I figure I can always source some ABS for the purpose on the cheap (hopefully).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Kal, I never got any PMs from you. You said you made contact above so I went back to check. Not sure where you tried. Very sorry about that.

As you say, it is and is not proven to be T/MC armor. Its a great kit. Best of luck with the build. Some helpful tips. Use a table top when gluing the forearms and biceps to help hold and make the strips glue flat. Magnets and clamps work well but to get things aligned I found using the flat surface helps hold and place things very well.