Darth Adame ANH Tk build

Well this is the first time I post here in the forum, I bought a MTK Armour from a fellow legionaire here at the mexican garrison, it was new he had just assembled the helmet, and with the help and guidance of Juan Arvizu (Iconoclasta) i was able to finish it, my plan is to get approved for the centurion programm in the near future so I followed every indication that Juan gave me and also checked movie references to do it as accurate as possible, I only need to finish the thermal detonator to finally send the pics for approval but any suggestion is very welcomed, I hope you enjoy my work as much as I did working on the armour, it was hard for me as this was the firs armour I build :S :D

IMG_4467_zps89669b11.jpg

IMG_4472_zpsfc607147.jpg

IMG_4474_zps44c6bf91.jpg

IMG_4476_zps06cf929d.jpg

IMG_4477_zps6a3b7c1c.jpg

IMG_4492_zpsbc3f6884.jpg

IMG_4493_zpsdeb71493.jpg

IMG_4494_zps1fdce4f3.jpg

IMG_4495_zpsbb8c76c6.jpg

Looking good bro!

Happy to help...

Now, lets hear the real experts and their input.

For what I can see, once you are done with the Thermal Detonator you should be fine to be cleared for 501st and EIB too.

Saludos.

Looking good Diego. The experts (not me) probably won't say too much about the quality of the armor, but may comment on a couple of fitment areas - you left calf doesn't appear to be closing correctly and I think by lowering your biceps a little will close up the elbow gap a bit and possibly do away with that angle their sitting at. Good job overall!

You have some good looking armor. If you are shooting for Centurion, you will need to adjust some things.

First you will need a thermal detonator even for basic approval. I would resize your right bicep. It is way bigger than your left. Make sure the outer edge of your drop boxes line up,with the far outer edge of your belt. I can"t tell but how the back of your shins are. The outside needs to fold over the inside. On your left, it almost looks like the INSIDE is over the outside. The last thing is your holster. I would start looking at EIB and Centurion applications and look at their holsters. The straps that go to the belt should be attached by rivets or Chicago screws and should be about 3/4 (20mm) wide. They were never sewn. It also looks very wide. It should measure about 5 1/2 inches wide by about 15 3/4 long. There should be no rivets on the seam line. Please ask if you have any questions. Good luck and welcome!

BTW, that extremely wide right bicep is in fact the left one. You are wearing them reversed. The left bicep armpit notch is kind of a continuous curve and it has a "thumbprint" on it, and the right biceps armpit notch is more in a "U" shape and doesn't have a "thumbprint".

Here's an excellent way to reshape this biceps so it will be more rounded and then appear less big:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26919-my-first-esb-tk-build-mtk/#entry341132

The major points IMO are to reshape and resize this too wide biceps, and then to shorten the biceps/forearms straps to close the elbow gaps. I would also look for another holster, or at least modify this one, because overall it looks too big in it's proportions.

Looking good Diego. The experts (not me) probably won't say too much about the quality of the armor, but may comment on a couple of fitment areas - you left calf doesn't appear to be closing correctly and I think by lowering your biceps a little will close up the elbow gap a bit and possibly do away with that angle their sitting at. Good job overall!

thanks bro, yeah i´m having troubles with the left calf because of the boots that are a bit wide and dont allow the calf to sit properly in the boot and close :S but im trying to correct this.

You have some good looking armor. If you are shooting for Centurion, you will need to adjust some things.

First you will need a thermal detonator even for basic approval. I would resize your right bicep. It is way bigger than your left. Make sure the outer edge of your drop boxes line up,with the far outer edge of your belt. I can"t tell but how the back of your shins are. The outside needs to fold over the inside. On your left, it almost looks like the INSIDE is over the outside. The last thing is your holster. I would start looking at EIB and Centurion applications and look at their holsters. The straps that go to the belt should be attached by rivets or Chicago screws and should be about 3/4 (20mm) wide. They were never sewn. It also looks very wide. It should measure about 5 1/2 inches wide by about 15 3/4 long. There should be no rivets on the seam line. Please ask if you have any questions. Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for your response Steve, yes the thermal detonator is under construction i´m just having troubles to find the clips or the material to build the clips; the bicep is indeed bigger but unfortunately thats the way it came, the problem is that one bicep is circular (small one) and the other is oval htats why it looks bigger, but someone posted down a way to correct this; the boxes are put in a way that can be adjusted to the correct position :D; the shins are both the way you say i´ll post pics later; the holster indeed some people including Juan have told me is a little bit bigger, but thats the only one I could find so soon just to get the armour approved, but my plan is to find the correct one, if you have a suggestion on who makes holsters that go with the specifications and would be L3 approvable that you could share I would be very grateful :D and yes the holster is attached on the back with rivets :D

Also I already have the rubber handplates, I just have to paint them :D

BTW, that extremely wide right bicep is in fact the left one. You are wearing them reversed. The left bicep armpit notch is kind of a continuous curve and it has a "thumbprint" on it, and the right biceps armpit notch is more in a "U" shape and doesn't have a "thumbprint".

Here's an excellent way to reshape this biceps so it will be more rounded and then appear less big:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26919-my-first-esb-tk-build-mtk/#entry341132

The major points IMO are to reshape and resize this too wide biceps, and then to shorten the biceps/forearms straps to close the elbow gaps. I would also look for another holster, or at least modify this one, because overall it looks too big in it's proportions.

Hi Germain, thank you very much for clearing the part of the biceps being reversed, i´lI change sides :D,  was just checking the link you sent and its great!!!! I tried to reshape the bicep myself but i didnt know how so I stopped before I broke it, but now that I know I will do it right away, I just have to check at what temperature must the water be. thank you very much

Hey bro,

If you need to take apart any part to reshape or make it fit, you can use "Glyco", which is a light solvent for sale at art stores like Lumen.

That will melt e6000 but not the plastic.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

There are several holster makers here in the "ongoing sales" section. I am concerned that the one you have might not make it for basic approval. But I guess we will see. That inside over outside left calf closure will be something you will need to fix as well

I am concerned that the one you have might not make it for basic approval. But I guess we will see.

I just checked the CRL and it doesnt say anything about size, as long as it is leather made and has the correc shape, its approvable

Hey bro...

How are you?

Just a little thing I would like to explain to you, with the best intention...

GML in pretty much all garrisons have very different standards when accepting costumes for clearance. Some are known to be extra demanding, and therefore have a very good reputation regarding accuracy and portrayal in all their costumes, as the UKG. Some have very specific rules and habits, as the Japanese Garrison, and more than less are a bit inconsistent.

That is one of the main reasons Detachments were created. To set a standard and a higher bar for costume building and portrayal.

Then comes the CRL. Yes, those are the main requirements accepted by the Legion, and if you meet them, you will be accepted for sure. But in the opinion of many troopers, mainly members of the detachments boards, the CRL are either too vague or too low. or both. 

I am sure you may be clear for L1 on Legion standards based on the CRL. Specially coming from the same Garrison, I know that your armor is way better than 95% of the Mexican Garrisons TKs. So you should have no problem...

Thing is that coming here, you are now in a brotherhood of troopers that not only love TK armor and SW, but also always try to go one step further, and then anther... with research, development, building, detailing and much more, this community always strives for accuracy beyond 501st general reach or aim. 

Listen to this guys, they know their stuff and they mean well. We all know things like this can be frustrating, and also expensive... and slow. But then you should ask yourself wich path you want to take... do you want to go the uber accurate way, no  matter how expensive of how long does it take? Do you want to go the FISD way, meaning trying to achieve EIB and Centurion badges, with all it requires? Do you want to go the 501st general way, meaning being cleared with the basic CRL standard, even using it in your favor??? Choices to be taken. None is wrong, there is room for all.

You dont need to change stuff right awat, patience is a big thing we need in this hobby, but if you aim for accuracy over membership, then you will eventually need to change some stuff.

There are many in between "levels" or "styles" you can aim for regarding armor and prop building... But it must be clear that the higher you aim for, the longer it will take and the more difficult it will become.

Talking in context fo the Mexican Garrison, that is why even if I try to help as many troopers as possible to get where they want to be, I dont share the generalized attitude of buying whatever is in hand, or whatever is good out of the box. We have talked about this before... I know you got what it takes... Dont take the suggestions made here the wrong way. I know you wont.

Just focus and decide what you want to do, and what you want to achieve. 

If you want to get the Centurion Badge, you will need a new holster and make some mods to your build.

CRL is good to set a standard and guidelines. You will see that members here and over the MEPD trying to get L3 will pretty much always go beyond those guidelines, just cause thats the way we are!

Good luck bro!

Let me know if I can be of any help...

BTW, I want to give you some very specific suggestions on your armor now that I have seen you  fully wearing it. But maybe just see of anyone elses has something to say that will help, and then, lets starts working.

Saludos.

Juan

Hey bro...

How are you?

Good luck bro!

Let me know if I can be of any help...

BTW, I want to give you some very specific suggestions on your armor now that I have seen you  fully wearing it. But maybe just see of anyone elses has something to say that will help, and then, lets starts working.

Saludos.

Juan

You know me bro I never take suggestions the bad way, and you know I´m aiming to get centurion, if not I wouldn´t have done everything you´ve told me since now :D, and I take very seriously all the suggestions made here, if not I wouldnt have started this thread, of course I will change the holster :D but as you know I dont work yet I´m still studying my career, so what I buy depends on what I can save from what my dad gives me weekly (which is also used for eating at school, taking my GF out, or buying other stuff) that´s why I need to take it slow but be sure that I´m taking notes of every point being mentioned and suggested  in order to start doing what I can, and to finally have my armour centurion level approved :D

Here is an idea...

Why not search the forum and dig out a thread where, if I remember correctly, blue prints for accurate holsters were posted. Then use them to modify your holster. Maybe try this before going out for a new one. Chances are you will be able to do it without having to buy a new one.

It is not that difficult.

Other mods about fitting, have a solution... just understand what needs to be done, and find a way to do it.

Good luck.

Saludos

I just have to check at what temperature must the water be. thank you very much

I used boiling water. Boiled the kettle, poured straight into the kitchen sink, then the armor piece straight in.

Calves, biceps, etc, fine.However - warning on thin pieces. I did then try it on the thinner knee ammo pack and it went out of shape. I had to bend back into shape by repeating the process.

Edited by Sith Lord

I was on the understanding that putting armor in boiling water would change something in the plastic that would make it yellow faster.

I have always used a hair drier when I needed to heat up parts and mod them... But, I am no plastic expert. Most of the times I just cut, try and assemble parts...

Saludos 

Only if it's the complete kit. The Doopy dos Hasbro conversion kit will not work for Centurion.  Get the full kit then you will only build your blaster one time.

Only if it's the complete kit. The Doopy dos Hasbro conversion kit will not work for Centurion.  Get the full kit then you will only build your blaster one time.

yeah I was checking their page, and the unassembled complete kit is not as expensive as I thought, so I was thinking on buying the complete kit for the centurion level and official troopings, and just paint the hasbro blaster for trooping where the blaster might get damaged :D