Lower Leg Help! Skinny ankles, big feet

Brewski

Hello all, 

I am just about done with an RS Build and I have run into a large problem.  I have very small ankles and lower legs with good size feet.  To get my armor pieces to fit properly I had to cut them in a way that leaves an overlap  and use elastic to hold them together vs glue as so I can still squeeze my very large foot in.  I know the guideline website reads as follows: 

• "Greaves close in the back. The trapezoid knee plate (sniper knee plate) is affixed to the left greave and may have two visible brads or rivets securing it to the greave"

Right now as I have the armor built it does not fully enclose.  There is a noticeable gap from the overlap.  I am unsure if this meets 501st requirements and if not what are some of my possible fixes.  I do have white velcro I was thinking about adding so I don't have to re cut .  If you would like a picture just let me know and I can upload.

Thanks

Hi there. first time poster here.

I have cut my lower legs to match my (equaly) skinny ankles. they too just barely fit around my boots.

I assumed it was a perfect fit. at least that was when I was standing still. During my first proper troop, I noticed (while walking) that the lower leg parts slided upwards. And during walking, they did not slide over my boots automatically (because of the tight fit.)

As a consequence, I have had some nasty plastic cuts behind my knees, where the lower leg and the upper leg came together.

the bottom gap of the lower legs should be as big as possible, while still being aesthetic and in proportion.

That gap is perfectly fine. This is just how the shins are.

And that's why it's required for the shins to close inward, so that gap is almost never noticeable when fully equipped. People usually don't put their head between your legs  :)

Edited by The5thHorseman

• 2 weeks later...

That gap is perfectly fine. This is just how the shins are.

And that's why it's required for the shins to close inward, so that gap is almost never noticeable when fully equipped. People usually don't put their head between your legs  :)

Thanks for the heads up.  After a little more digging I did find pictures of ANH lower legs (here on FISD, just not sure how to post the link on the topic).  Right now I am thinking about changing the strap to Velcro to make them easier to take on and off as my hooks keep getting stuck.  Any pointers or is Velcro even a good idea ?

Velcro is fine for the shin enclosures.  Use the Industrial strength velcro.  Put the hook part on the cover strip side, and put the fuzzy part on the shin piece.  And make sure the closure side faces inward.