Counter mounting

secureideas

Hi all,

I hope you are having a nice weekend and happy Easter.  I am tearing my hair out and can't find any pointers. (Probably not looking well since I am frustrated with myself.)

I have just "finished" building my DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit.  I purchased a set of rails (Can't remember from where and know that I shouldn't mention names anyways).  These rails have one that holds the scope with 2 screww holes.  A second angle bracket has two holes to mount it to the scope rail.  It then has a piece that appears to be what the counter attaches too, but I have NO idea how.  It doesn't have holes and I can't seem to find out if there is some glue that will bind the resin to the metal.  The only thing I could think of (which I don't want to do until I ask<grin>) is to drill a slit in the bottom of the counter that fits the angle bracket.

I am assuming I am not the only person who has dealt with this, so thanks for any help!

Kevin

----------

drill 2 holes in the bracket, then drill 2 holes in the counter and use wood screws and glue to finish it off.

I like to align the eagle logo part of the counter with the front foot of the scope.

gallery_14191_17_12343.jpg

Ou8pEs2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

yep...what Vern said :) I have actually been using a screw to directly mount the counter to the body of the gun, so it looks like its just glued on, like in the film, but its actually glued and screwed into the barrel. But of course i dont have the rail with the counter bracket :)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Haven't done it myself yet, but I think a few build threads show drilling a hole in the metal bracket, then pre drilling a hole in the counter and using a combination of glue/screw to hold it on.

Not saying this one is good/bad/best/worst, but here's one example - post # 14 about half way down on page 1.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24823-another-doopy-doos-e-11-pimped-build/

Edited by Sith Lord