Sigh....

Darth Voorhees

I know it's probably not the case but I would hope if one were willing and able to spend $15,000 on a bucket one would also have spent the time researching the purchase. If someone does buy it I should hunt them down. I have a ROTJ Darth Vader children's belt I'd be willing to part with for a grand. ;)

Edited by ninusyim

Id rather spend that on a couple of some vader helmet art.  Wish I had the $ to buy some from my favorite artists like Huck Gee, David Flores, Jeff Soto, Jesse Hernandez, Mars -1, and Buff Monster.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/100-amazing-darth-vader-helmets

So I got bored and looked up the Christie's auction and what do you know. It's legit in the sense that it was sold at a Christie's auction as an unfinished prop made for ANH in 1977 for a bit over $7000. The three previous listings are a Tie helmet, a prototype X-wing helmet, and a production jacket for ESB that was Harrison Ford's. Not saying it's worth what he wants for it, just that on the surface he does not appear to be lying...

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/star-wars-1977-4036538-details.aspx?from=salesummary&pos=151&intObjectID=4036538&sid=ece2ef3d-7571-431c-802e-0e91d7c18d61

Well, assuming this is the same helmet, since the Christies auction doesn't have shots from the back/side of the helmet, and that the ebay auction is not just a replica of the same helmet. The question I have, why did the guy take such bad photos? Huge size, they are hard to see because they dominate of 27 inch monitor so I can barely see each photo at once, plus the photos were cut out of the background they were taken in..... quite poorly. You'd think  for $15,000 he could take some more professional photos. 

I'm not disagreeing with you on any of those points. There are a lot of issues with the listing not the least of which is how to vet someone selling merchandise like what he has listed. This appears to be his website:

https://natedsanders.com

All I'm saying is there seems to be more to this than your average recaster from China. If that more is just a con artist who does his research than so be it. I'm certainly not promoting or recommending this guy. Just for a lark I think I'm going to contact the seller and see if I can get them to add more photos. I've sold a lot of stuff on eBay and if I know anything I know that a serious seller will gladdly submit more photos of a high end item when asked.

Yeah, those photos are the ones I mean... nearly impossible to really see.

I didn't think you were trying to back him, was just stating my points. If it's real, he has a nice piece of history, but 15k worth? Well, thats up to the buyer I guess. An item's true value is what someone will pay for it :D

Edited by Dday