Terry19d's TE2 stunt build[*TE]

These threads seem to be popular so I thought I would start one of my own. My TE2 came in the mail yesterday and I felt like a kid in a candy store. I have not done much to it as yet - just trimmed the eyes and teeth out a bit more. I've got all the paints, sandpaper, and putty on my shopping list that I hope to pick up during the week. I'm looking forward to getting started! :)

post-1251-1203829542_thumb.jpg

post-1251-1203829566_thumb.jpg

post-1251-1203829582_thumb.jpg

I'm going ANH stunt. The only thing I'm not sure is if I'm going to go ahead and keep it clean for my TK, or if I will dirty it up for the TD I keep thinking about doing. Either way I hope it turns out as well as the other TE2 builds posted here have. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates - not much going on right now. I have purchased everything except the putty. I've tried four different hardware stores (2 Home Depots, Lowes, & Ace) and none of them have it. <_< I'm going to try another place or two but if I strike out there then I'm just going to skip it and go right to priming & painting.

Sorry for the lack of updates - not much going on right now. I have purchased everything except the putty. I've tried four different hardware stores (2 Home Depots, Lowes, & Ace) and none of them have it. <_< I'm going to try another place or two but if I strike out there then I'm just going to skip it and go right to priming & painting.

Terry

I just did my shopping list last evening and Walmart auto is the place to go. They did have Bondo brand spot putty.

Jay

Thanks to everyone who suggested where to pick up the putty. :) I stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home and grabbed some...

TE2_4.jpg

TE2_APComp.jpg

And here is a side-by-side comparison with my new unfinished AP helmet. I'm hoping I can make the TE2 look at least as good.

Hopefully I can get to sanding & priming tomorrow evening. We're supposed to have good weather this weekend - if so it will be painting time!

I'm going ANH stunt. The only thing I'm not sure is if I'm going to go ahead and keep it clean for my TK, or if I will dirty it up for the TD I keep thinking about doing. Either way I hope it turns out as well as the other TE2 builds posted here have. :)

Keep it for your TK for now - you can always dirty it later. Also, my aesthetic is that the bumpy cap and back seem to look better on a TD than the smooth, but it's all good :)

The progress looks great btw :) FYI the aerators that come with AP are incorrect and you'll have to get new ones from Keith or Stomper.

Keep it for your TK for now - you can always dirty it later. Also, my aesthetic is that the bumpy cap and back seem to look better on a TD than the smooth, but it's all good :)

The progress looks great btw :) FYI the aerators that come with AP are incorrect and you'll have to get new ones from Keith or Stomper.

Thanks! I think right now I'm keeping both sets as TK and slowly accure all the necessary accessories for a TD. I think working on this bucket and assembling the AP armor will keep me plenty busy! And I've already got the aerator end covered - on Stomper's list again. ;)

The weather is finally decent enough that I can get outside and do some more work on the bucket. :) I applied the primer this morning:

TE2Primed_1.jpg

TE2Primed_2.jpg

I wished I had remembered to take these pics outside instead of in the garage. I'm going to let it dry for a few hours. Hopefully this afternoon I can get down to painting - if the wind will give me a break. <_<

Looking good! I am about to spray mine with the gloss white paint. I'll be posting up pics shortly! :)

The wind finally died down enough for me to get some paintin' done this afternoon:

Unfortunately the light doesn't show the nice shine in the first couple of pics...

TE2Painted_1.jpg

TE2Painted_2.jpg

...but it looks good in this one, in my opinion...

TE2Painted_3.jpg

Now comes the waiting. Hopefully by the time three days have gone by my Humbrol #5 will be in, as well as my decals from trooperdecals.com. If so, we'll pick this build up in 3 days!