another ANH bucket paint question...

TK1491

Guys-

As I work on my AP, I have another paint question: In the perfect world, should all the grays on the helmet match?

If I am using the decals for the trapezoids, let's say, should the frown and ear caps be a gray that matches them, or the testors 1138?

It seems they all should match. The 1138 looks to be the "official" color, but the trap decals are much darker, warmer gray.

On my SDS battle spec, the ear cap is the only thing that is the 1138 color (although this shot isn't lit well) and it always seemed odd. Or does it matter that they are slightly different?

thanks...

my sds battle spec for reference:

KWoZTAb.jpg

Well all the screen used helmets were painted by hand no decals were uesed apart from one helmet that TE discovered.. so all the grey's would be the same. I think it comes down to personal preference with the colour for the painted parts. The colour used would be the humbrol but that may not nessesarily match your particular decals.

The humbrol paint usually gets darker the more coats you give it.

I would like to see all the colours the same but it may not be possible if you are using a decal kit to finish off your lid :duim:

thanks guys! that looks pretty darn good I suppose! The testors I bought looks like it has a bit more blue in it than the decals, but maybe it's just me...

I think that the Humbrol paint is a closer match to the decals. The Testors looks just a bit on the light side. If you are going for Elite status and doing ANH, just remember that only the ear caps, frown and vocoder are to be painted. Everthing else are to be decals. At least that what the standards were, I beleive, not sure what they are now.

Scott, if you want to buy the Humbrol paint locally, the only place to get it is Michigan Toy Soldier Shop in Royal Oak. They are off 11 mile between Main and Campbell.

If anyone else is looking to get in they have a website and their shipping is reasonable too.