OK I know I made a mistake, my bad...but I would like to get the bet from it..FX let's start

Hello there,

First of all I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Alberto and I'm from Italy. I'm an absolute SW lover and My personal Favorite are Stormtrooper first and Vader second!! I'm an engineer and I used to work in NYC ithe past. Back in Italy for a few years now. I collect props and Anime models .

I made a big mistake, my bad, I got a FX armor, I know that You all will kill me for this, It's my bad, because I've done it without researching at all, only judjing with my eye to the movie!! I lurked around too late to find out this armor wasn't good that much.

Said this I definitely want to get the best that can be done from this kit! I have it in a box trimmed, but did not touch it yet. I got everything needed by Trooperbay, gloves and soft hand guards, too. I got the correct boots from tk boots, I have holster and resin cast accurate E11 blaster from sds. Got clamps magnets E6000 and zap a gap with accelerant. Went through a million tutorial, I just would like from you the support to get the best from the worst kit and doing something really nice.

Thank You in advance and let's start the slaughter, I'm all Yours! :laugh1::smiley-sw013:

Regards,

Alberto

Edited by ataru72ita

Ouch, I did something very similar. Just grin and bare it. Then look into TM or RS, AP, MTK, CapWest, ATA.

Or just power through following closely to some great threads available on here. Maybe the armor will turn out ok, and you could just upgrade your helmet. It could be worse and you went Jedi Robe...

Good luck.

Ouch, I did something very similar. Just grin and bare it. Then look into TM or RS, AP, MTK, CapWest, ATA.

Or just power through following closely to some great threads available on here. Maybe the armor will turn out ok, and you could just upgrade your helmet. It could be worse and you went Jedi Robe...

Good luck.

LOL!!

I tried some research but it's very difficult to find something specific, would You mind posting a link to the threads with the best indications??

For the helmets, I'm planning in getting the best around (I just got a finished ROTJ from CFO), I plan to get the RS props for the stunt, and a Gino for the ESB, and the upcoming EFX legend complete for display.

All of the above for mere prop collection.

But for trooping I'd rather prefer to go with The FX and trying installing fans voice and filling.. Then who knows.

Actually it's impossible to get centurion level with FX or there is a possibility... If so Which are the main modifications??

If these are too much questions feel free to answer whatever you might prefer.

Regards,

Alberto

From what I've seen, you cannot gain the Centurion award with FX armor. EIB yes, with some mods, but not Centurion. And do replace the helmet.

Why not troop with the RS you plan to get? You'll look 100x better; your helmet is the first thing the general public sees on you. I'm not even sure if the old bobble-head FX is still accepted for base approval, and if it is...it's still not a joy to look at. The armor itself is not bad though after all finished up; don't feel bad about having a set of it.

I am not sure if this is relevant to today's standards, but it's worth checking out.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12478-howto-easily-make-your-fx-armor-eib-acceptable/

If having a big helmet is your main concern, you have two other (better) options to consider. The eFX or the RT. If it were me, I'd pick RT because they are more accurate and do not require modification. eFX, although readily available pretty much everywhere you look (Amazon, eBay, ThinkGeek) needs some minor mods before it can be considered for base approval. I have gone through the modding process of the eFX and upgraded to a CAP after my first unofficial outing, if that means anything.

Edited by SolidScrafty

I was in the same situation as you a while back. I replaced the helmet with RS and that made the whole armor 10000 % better (seriously get rid of the helmet!) This means the armor itself is ok. I've modded my for a year now replacing the small details that I don't like and it turns out quite good actually. Just type in "FX first imperial stormtrooper detachment" in to google and 10 pages of great links will turn up.

Good luck and have fun with the build. If you have any questions about modding it feel free to ask. :)

From what I've seen, you cannot gain the Centurion award with FX armor. EIB yes, with some mods, but not Centurion. And do replace the helmet.

Why not troop with the RS you plan to get? You'll look 100x better; your helmet is the first thing the general public sees on you. I'm not even sure if the old bobble-head FX is still accepted for base approval, and if it is...it's still not a joy to look at. The armor itself is not bad though after all finished up; don't feel bad about having a set of it.

I am not sure if this is relevant to today's standards, but it's worth checking out.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12478-howto-easily-make-your-fx-armor-eib-acceptable/

If having a big helmet is your main concern, you have two other (better) options to consider. The eFX or the RT. If it were me, I'd pick RT because they are more accurate and do not require modification. eFX, although readily available pretty much everywhere you look (Amazon, eBay, ThinkGeek) needs some minor mods before it can be considered for base approval. I have gone through the modding process of the eFX and upgraded to a CAP after my first unofficial outing, if that means anything.

Ok I went through the thread and find very instructive

I already got the Canvas belt; I can fix easily the holster; I already have a MR 501 Stormtrooper helmet (not that much motivated to touch it though. But I'm planning on getting ANH RS stunt, EFX legend hero, and ESB Gino V2, so no problem in getting a great helmet); side shimming...no big deal..

Only things I really miss are (Drop boxes must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed) , I don't have the drop boxes full piece covers; And I need the grey tube (the guy put a blue PVC tube and the guide states:This is an all gray cylinder without silver stickers or silver paint.) for the thermal detonator and the metallic supports, please indicate me on wgere to get them.

... but I have other questions questions.

1-it is mentioned to replace the AB buttons which are not correctly sized..but on the 501st guide is clearly stated that: Ab plate buttons must be integrated and painted directly on the plate, no separate buttons are allowed. In the kit the guy put the separate buttons.....so I ideally have the thing suggested in the thread so what's going on??

2-In my kit the butt part is already trimmed and is separate from the upper part so the post states: "While there is a seam line on the back of the FX back plate, it's too high and the cut should actually be lower down, about 1/4 to 1/2" below the belt".

So how do I fix this?? actually I'm 1,75 tall so what are the exact dimensions (height wise) to look for the back part and the butt part??

3-the thermal detonator control panel have the central button protruding upwards (like the CFO rotj one), is not like a donut with the button pushed downwards...is it a problem??

Any help appreciated here! :P

Regards,

Alberto

I did the same thing lol.. I upgraded my bucket to ATA and bought the belt from TKittel and holster from darmin.. You have to make modifications to get approved.. post-19755-139490502586_thumb.jpg

Stick with it!! And upgrade when you can..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS is a great way to go!!  Other options for armor are good too... FX is out.

Nice recovery plan.  :duim:

Are You planning to send me some money as a gift for getting the RS right now?? :D I can send You my Paypal for the kind donation!

Now present is FX, the future...who knows!! Even EFX Hero Legend complete armor made by Gino.... :smiley-sw013:

For the moment please go on with suggestions and clarifications to my questions, let's follow my path!! :jc_doublethumbup:

The ab buttons should be ok for basic approval, otherwise you can get an ab plate with buttons from a vendor, then simply install on your kit.

If your going with ROTJ, you can keep the one piece butt and kidney plate.

Thermal Det should be ok with the com-pad just check the dimensions of the pipe itself, length and diameter.

I'm modifying my Jedi Robe kit to a death trooper, but I am upgrading all the strapping and assembling properly. Similar to what you will need to do.

Good luck.

The ab buttons should be ok for basic approval, otherwise you can get an ab plate with buttons from a vendor, then simply install on your kit.

If your going with ROTJ, you can keep the one piece butt and kidney plate.

Thermal Det should be ok with the com-pad just check the dimensions of the pipe itself, length and diameter.

I'm modifying my Jedi Robe kit to a death trooper, but I am upgrading all the strapping and assembling properly. Similar to what you will need to do.

Good luck.

I'm going ANH. Getting a different AB plate from a different Maker, they shougn't match with the back part so I'd be forced at least to get also that?? Is it possible??

The button panel is not removable of course! :angry:

As I wrote before anking about dimensions, in my kit the butt is already trimmed, don't exactly know how good, this is why I asked esact dimensions on where it should have been done, in order to understand if I had to add and subsequently cut some more! B)

I didn'r read anything about strapping except something about shoulder connections for being approved....did I miss anything? :huh:

Regerds, Alberto

I'm going ANH. Getting a different AB plate from a different Maker, they shougn't match with the back part so I'd be forced at least to get also that?? Is it possible??

The button panel is not removable of course! :angry:

As I wrote before anking about dimensions, in my kit the butt is already trimmed, don't exactly know how good, this is why I asked esact dimensions on where it should have been done, in order to understand if I had to add and subsequently cut some more! B)

I didn'r read anything about strapping except something about shoulder connections for being approved....did I miss anything? :huh:

Regerds, Alberto

Yeah, looks like they trimmed it properly at the butt plate. I have read it should be lower than the line on the back, so looks ok. You may want to add a return edge to install brackets and hardware, or use snaps with snap plates and strapping.

As far as the ab plate, if you wanted to have it EIB approvable , you will need to cut out the plates and install new plates I believe. A lot of work, but doable.

So you may not need a whole new ab section, just the button plates, and a little work.

The cod section is nice to be able to remove to use the rest room.

Good luck bud..

Yeah, looks like they trimmed it properly at the butt plate. I have read it should be lower than the line on the back, so looks ok. You may want to add a return edge to install brackets and hardware, or use snaps with snap plates and strapping.

As far as the ab plate, if you wanted to have it EIB approvable , you will need to cut out the plates and install new plates I believe. A lot of work, but doable.

So you may not need a whole new ab section, just the button plates, and a little work.

The cod section is nice to be able to remove to use the rest room.

Good luck bud..

That's nice to read!!

Actually I think they made a very sharp pull out of the cast and they trimmed really nice!

I'll go all the way with snap on with plates and straps!! If it was a Centurion worthy thing I might have installed brackets, for it to be a real prop, but since movie accurate strapping is not needed for EIB approval...

Would You be so kind to indicate a seller which has the two proper accurate ANH button plates??

Regards, thank You in advance!

Alberto

Edited by ataru72ita

Yes sir, I think Troopermaster can provide them, as well as TrooperBay. You could try RS, but I believe TM said he can provide them.

The more I work on my Jedi Robe, which is supposed to be recast from FX, which is recast from another source, I can't help but to still appreciate the work that was put into the kit. It's a shame with a little more work it could be better. Although its no RS or TM, it's still a stormtrooper. I still like my kit, just not as much as I like my others...

Good luck sir...

Yes sir, I think Troopermaster can provide them, as well as TrooperBay. You could try RS, but I believe TM said he can provide them.

The more I work on my Jedi Robe, which is supposed to be recast from FX, which is recast from another source, I can't help but to still appreciate the work that was put into the kit. It's a shame with a little more work it could be better. Although its no RS or TM, it's still a stormtrooper. I still like my kit, just not as much as I like my others...

Good luck sir...

How do you contact TM I made a search on for sale items and can't find him, I need therm det belt clips too. May you be so kind to post a link or something??

I actually don't get this super secrecy though. :angry:

Regards, Alberto

TrooperMaster, search his name.

I think the veterans want us newbies to do our homework. There are really no secrets though. TM does get really busy, and sometimes it takes a few days to respond.

As for a link, I am on my IPad and these things don't copy links so well, I can try.

Also, go to the TrooperBay website, he has lot of needed items. He can usually get what you need pretty quick.

TM is just closer to your side of the globe.

I will still look around for you brother.

Take Care

TrooperMaster, search his name.

I think the veterans want us newbies to do our homework. There are really no secrets though. TM does get really busy, and sometimes it takes a few days to respond.

As for a link, I am on my IPad and these things don't copy links so well, I can try.

Also, go to the TrooperBay website, he has lot of needed items. He can usually get what you need pretty quick.

TM is just closer to your side of the globe.

I will still look around for you brother.

Take Care

I got a ton of things from trooperbay I'm ready to build my armor. I'm the kind of guy who wants to have everything in advance, in order to be ready and not to stop because missing something. But he does have only decals of the buttons, didn't see anywhere the complete plates (do I have to write him in order to ask??). Actually, better reading the specs there is written that only for centurion the additional buttons are not allowed but for EIB and level one thy're allowed, and since the FX is at least EIB, don't exectly know if it's worthy to remove the plates ans apply additional ones.....

What do You think?? BTW what's the TM member name?? Maybe I'll try to send a pm.

The plate on the fx/ jedi robe does not come off you would have to cut it off, and then there is no telling if the armor colors would be a direct match if you did get the TM plate.. Go to getting started and tutorials and  how to and that will help you to understand how to make a lot of this stuff that you can buy. when I first did EIB and Centurion I bought all the stuff for it, now I make everything and when I help a new member put there armor together I use the stuff I make. If you do enough research you can find all this stuff and buy it or make it  yourself a lot cheaper. You can make your own thermal det clips, canvas belts, neck seals, brackets to screw together your ab, chest, back, kidney plate and butt plate, bicep clips, and finally shin clips. Not to mention I make my own fans for my helmets and I buy in bulk the split rivets and screws for the brackets.

FX is ok armor but if you are within 5'10 or a few inches either way and 165 or plus or mines 20 pounds then TM, RS, ATA would fit and look so much better. If you are more than that then RT-mod would fit you fine probably without shims. I am just saying you are spending all this money might as well look better than the bobble head and way to big chest and back look. Most bystanders won't notice but after awhile you will notice and will want to change to more accurate armor,  I made the mistake and got FX after less than a year I saw a garrison member in AP armor. I got one and have not looked back since, I try and tell all the new guys in my garrison to stay away and get better more accurate armor, especially if they are to small for the armor.

The plate on the fx/ jedi robe does not come off you would have to cut it off, and then there is no telling if the armor colors would be a direct match if you did get the TM plate.. Go to getting started and tutorials and  how to and that will help you to understand how to make a lot of this stuff that you can buy. when I first did EIB and Centurion I bought all the stuff for it, now I make everything and when I help a new member put there armor together I use the stuff I make. If you do enough research you can find all this stuff and buy it or make it  yourself a lot cheaper. You can make your own thermal det clips, canvas belts, neck seals, brackets to screw together your ab, chest, back, kidney plate and butt plate, bicep clips, and finally shin clips. Not to mention I make my own fans for my helmets and I buy in bulk the split rivets and screws for the brackets.

FX is ok armor but if you are within 5'10 or a few inches either way and 165 or plus or mines 20 pounds then TM, RS, ATA would fit and look so much better. If you are more than that then RT-mod would fit you fine probably without shims. I am just saying you are spending all this money might as well look better than the bobble head and way to big chest and back look. Most bystanders won't notice but after awhile you will notice and will want to change to more accurate armor,  I made the mistake and got FX after less than a year I saw a garrison member in AP armor. I got one and have not looked back since, I try and tell all the new guys in my garrison to stay away and get better more accurate armor, especially if they are to small for the armor.

I see Your point, of course, I totally agree that there are armors waay better than this, now that I've been around for a couple of months around Rebelscum, RPF and PropDen forums, I understood everything clarely. That said, I want to get skills, starting from something that I don't have to strike a gun to my head if something goes wrong! Then, after going for that armor, having completed and made a decent result I'd feel to be ready for a prop replica armor as RS props, If I want ANH again, or CFO if I want a ROTJ.

I'm 1,75m tall and I weight 69 Kg. Just want to get the challenge of taking out the best possible from this FX of mine, at least I spent some money (very little respect to the other armor indeed), the armor I got is well trimmed and has a very sharp pull, I just made the mistake of not reading around and got caried away by my excitement.

That's my point so again, help appreciated to get the correct AB button panel, if the color doesn't match they're so small that paint them would be a piece of cake!! C'mon strike this phantomatic TM guy's contact!! It's definitely easier to find the USA President's private mail!! :laugh1: :laugh1:

Edited by ataru72ita

Simply do a member search for "troopermaster".

My bad I was doing this using TM, that explains, this is the reason why I wasn't finding him :laugh1:

Sorry about that, but I'm new to this forum and You guys consider everithing obvious forgetting new members not being onniscent!! :P

Thanks though!!

Regards, Alberto

• 4 months later...