Doopydoos Build questions

Greensparrow

So im starting my first build, and ive got a couple of questions, ive looked around alot and could not find the answers to these so forgive me if ive missed the answers.

For now my main two questions are

1) the trigger, should i be sanding this down to fit completely into the recess for the trigger? (seems obvious i know but once i sand down i cant put back on)

2) the folding stock, how do most attach this? do you just glue the entire thing to the underside of the barrel?

John, welcome aboard! The Doopydoos kit is a very fun build. There are a LOT of build threads that show what others have done with both of these questions.

For #1, the trigger does need to be sanded down some, as it probably has excess material on it from the molding process. Any combination of sanding the trigger itself, and sanding the trigger well a bit will get it to fit. All you need to do is sand a bit, and check the fit. If it still doesn't fit, sand some more and check again until you've got a fit that you're comfortable with. If you exercise a bit of patience with the kit, it is not too daunting. In the event that you were to sand a bit too much off, you could build it back up with some Bondo or modeling putty and sand it back to the appropriate size/shape.

For #2, most of them have the arms glued just behind the pistol grip, and then again, underneath the barrel up at the front as you asked.

If you review the build threads of other members in this same section of the forum you'll find the answers to most likely any questions that you can come up with.

Good luck, and do your research. Measure the placement of the parts, mark the placement with a pencil if you have to - it's erasable. Get a build thread going so that others can assist you along the way and, when in doubt, ask like you did here!

Edited by Dark CMF