Tube Stripes

Tolo

Hello fellow Troopers, 

I'm in the process of changing my decals on my bucket. My decals were badly install in the first place and my tube stripes were way to up on the bucket. So I got myself a set of Dave M decals from Trooperbay, since I have no skills to paint my bucket. 

When I got to the tube stripes, I've notice that they are much longer than my bucket (AP). Should I undo my ears and install them underneath or just cut the ones that I do not need?

At the same time, I never painted my screws on my ears, simple reason, I prefer them like this. Would it prevent me of getting an EIB award or I have to paint them?

Thank you, 

Eric

4X5fP22.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

You can just trim the stripes to fit, the CRL states "Tube stripes are medium blue, numbering between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards". I can't find it in the CRL but I am sure you need to paint your screws, you could always change back to unpainted ones later ;) Don't forget tube tripes are placed a pencil width from the side of the helmet :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

Eric mate...Go with Glen's info...I used the same decals on my AP and make sure the gap is about the thickness of a pencil so the tube stripes don't directly but up against the crease where the tubes meet the cheeks ...I just cut off the stripes that wouldn't fit ...incidentally one side of the helmet fits more stripes than the other !!!

Eric mate...Go with Glen's info...I used the same decals on my AP and make sure the gap is about the thickness of a pencil so the tube stripes don't directly but up against the crease where the tubes meet the cheeks ...I just cut off the stripes that wouldn't fit ...incidentally one side of the helmet fits more stripes than the other !!!

Thanks!

And I have 13 on one side and 14 on the other. I'm amazed how much the decals changed the look on my bucket. If only I had the talent to paint instead of decals :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk