Some Quick Questions about AP Armor

I have been a dirty lurker so I think I may finally have some questions more about AP rather than the build itself (I have amasssed a rather LARGE favorites folder of armor build threads and stuff)

So I just recently purchased my Armor from Mark at AP. There is a approx. 5 week wait as Im getting it trimmed plus shipping time.

That being said is he normally spot on with the timeline or should I expect it later or sooner?

I am going to guess that shipping from AP to the States (New Orleans will be about a week? Is this correct?

I have been told that I will fit in the armor being 6'3" and 180lbs (Skinny) does anyone have any other input?

I guess in the mean time I will start making my snap plates, thigh belt, etc. you know that stuff that you can do while you are waiting on the armor. Just want to get it all done ASAP so I can get it all made quicker and most importantly correctly.

Thanks for your help,

Garland

Welcome here garland.

the wait time on AP armor is probably the shortest around these parts.  weather can sometimes delay shipments, and as you said he's trimming the kit for you.

6feet 3 inches is quite tall for a trooper, and you'll have longer distances between your thighs and ab/ cod plate and your back and kidney plates will also be taller.

I have made many AP kits in my time, so please feel free to PM me anytime for advice!

vern TK32392

I love my AP kit and Mark is a good guy. That said, I'm 6' and feel that's about the max height. I reworked my strapping several times before I found a good balance. You will likely have quote a bit of black showing and notable challenges with the torso spacing.