Drop Box Problem (& EIB question)

Hi there-

Well, I finished my armor and earned my number!  TK-44221 reporting for duty!

Now, I'm putting the finishing touches into my suit to get it up to spec, so I can earn my Expert Infantry Badge.  Nearly there, but... I'm having a problem with my drop boxes.  

I think.  Maybe not.  Anyway, let me ask for your opinion on this...

The drop boxes don't seem to hang properly when I am wearing my belt.  Take a look...

post-18155-0-93182100-1383866133_thumb.jpg

They seem to fall "inside", a bit to close to my crotch.  Aren't they supposed to fall further "outside", closer to the hips?  

I followed the diagram online (which I cant find now to link too, sorry) and they do line up properly on my belt when the belt was laying flat, but, when I put the belt on, they don't look right to me.

Any thoughts?

I can reattach them, so they look better when I am wearing the belt, but then, they wont be "accurate".  

Will I pass for EIB as they are?  

Please let me know what you guys think.  Thanks!

-Tim

TK-44221

Are you too skinny? :)

The EIB question is a little more on the subjective side. I would err on what looks most correct based on wearing it, but it depends what the DO thinks. At worst, apply and see what feedback you get. Look at many other applicants who passed and also look at screen grabs. Since every body is different, the placement of every single detail is sometimes our best interpretation.

IMHO, the boxes may need to be moved a little bit more outside. It is nice that your thighs come up and close the gap really well, which may be adding to the illusion that the drop boxes are weird. How are they attached to the belt? Can you detach them and re-attach so that they are cheated a little more on the outside of the last ammo box on each end?

Unsolicited: your forearms look pretty large, you may want to consider trimming those down to be a bit more snug. :)

Are you too skinny? :)

The EIB question is a little more on the subjective side. I would err on what looks most correct based on wearing it, but it depends what the DO thinks. At worst, apply and see what feedback you get. Look at many other applicants who passed and also look at screen grabs. Since every body is different, the placement of every single detail is sometimes our best interpretation.

IMHO, the boxes may need to be moved a little bit more outside. It is nice that your thighs come up and close the gap really well, which may be adding to the illusion that the drop boxes are weird. How are they attached to the belt? Can you detach them and re-attach so that they are cheated a little more on the outside of the last ammo box on each end?

Unsolicited: your forearms look pretty large, you may want to consider trimming those down to be a bit more snug. :)

Thanks for the feedback.  

The boxes are riveted on, but I can easily deal with that.  I think I will say "measurements be damned" and move them.  After I posted this, I took a look at the photos of the EIBs out there already, and they all seem to have their boxes hanging closer to their hips.

And as for the forearms, that issue has already been fixed.  ;-)  Great minds think alike!

-Tim

TK-44221

ps - Yes, I AM too skinny.  :-(

One thing that many people forget to do is glue the drop box strap to their belt once it is in place. As Matthias said, have the end of your drop box lined up with the end of your belt and glue the looping strap in place so it stays put and you will have no problems. And best of all, that is the screen accurate way :)