My Scootch Arrived Today!

"A watched pot will never boil" - Grandma TK

That's how I felt refreshing the UPS website tracking my arriving package this morning.  After almost destroying my eFX trooper helmet two weeks ago I went on a pilgrimage to find the best bucket (in my price range) to complete my armor.  I watched the For Sale section religiously, just hoping that someone would list one of my top three choices for my replacement bucket for sale...then my birthday hit last Friday!  Now with a little jingle-jango in my pockets (yes, I'm 43 and still get money from my aunts) I happened to find Scootch's ongoing sales post about his buckets!  BOOM, ordered!  I had a meeting scheduled with a potential investment partner for my company at 1:00 -- I'm getting ready to walk out the door to meet my 1 o'clock when the UPS pulls up and blocks my driveway!  I throw the car in park, leap out and stand by the open door as he is digging in the back of the brown truck like some sort of archeology dig.  Moments later he emerges with a big ol' square box!

Leaving the car running, I walk back into the house, cut the packing tape and stood there with a huge grin for about 5 minutes then sped to make my investor meeting.  We're resuming our meeting in 20 min but once it's over -- I'll be trying to break Solo's record in the Kessell Run to get home and start building!  Wish me luck!

ScootchBucket_zpsa15b7fcf.jpg

Good luck with your build. I have a few of scootch's helmets and they are a little more work, but well worth it. .  RS armor and CAP west helmet, I haven't seen that combo yet. I am sure it will look great. :)  The details on the face plate are really sharp and have the ANH look.

Thanks SC!  I was pretty stoked about getting started but now you spooked me (ha!) when you say, 'a little more work'... is there anything that I need to be watching for during the build or are there any pieces that I need to watch for?  I'm looking forward to seeing the RS and CAP together as well.  Hopefully it will blend well.

Nobody ships faster than Scootch.  Brother's a madman.  I haven't had to work on Scootch's buckets any more than any other helmet I have for what it's worth.

Thanks SC!  I was pretty stoked about getting started but now you spooked me (ha!) when you say, 'a little more work'... is there anything that I need to be watching for during the build or are there any pieces that I need to watch for?  I'm looking forward to seeing the RS and CAP together as well.  Hopefully it will blend well.

By a little more work I was hinting at having to paint the helmet white. Most helmets are abs and you don't have to paint them. Not to worry, painted helmets

look great.  I have been trooping with a cap west helmet most of this year.

20131005_105148_zpsb89f0bcc.jpg 

The cap west helmet is on the left.

Just take your time.  What I do is assemble the helmet, then take it apart and paint the parts individually.  So  if there is a problem you won't  have to repaint the whole thing. I am curious why you didn't get an RS helmet with your armor.

Hey SC -- that's a really good idea and one I'll definitely use.  In regards to the armor it's kind of a long story, but let's put it this way -- if you're a guy that up and leaves your wife of 10 years to move to Texas with your new girlfriend, make sure that your newly abandoned wife isn't best friends with my wife...  and when you then help your wife's best friend move to a new home and during that move she gives you his RS armor (which you've been drooling over since the day he got it) it's probably not polite to call him and ask him to ship the helmet.  :smiley-sw013:

Hey SC -- that's a really good idea and one I'll definitely use.  In regards to the armor it's kind of a long story, but let's put it this way -- if you're a guy that up and leaves your wife of 10 years to move to Texas with your new girlfriend, make sure that your newly abandoned wife isn't best friends with my wife...  and when you then help your wife's best friend move to a new home and during that move she gives you his RS armor (which you've been drooling over since the day he got it) it's probably not polite to call him and ask him to ship the helmet.  :smiley-sw013:

Its your destiny, Nice armor!

Hey SC -- that's a really good idea and one I'll definitely use. In regards to the armor it's kind of a long story, but let's put it this way -- if you're a guy that up and leaves your wife of 10 years to move to Texas with your new girlfriend, make sure that your newly abandoned wife isn't best friends with my wife... and when you then help your wife's best friend move to a new home and during that move she gives you his RS armor (which you've been drooling over since the day he got it) it's probably not polite to call him and ask him to ship the helmet. :smiley-sw013:

Free RS armor! Who says high divorce rates are such a bad thing... For you. His priorities are messed up leaving behind his armor like that.

-Eric