chest to back floating shoulder bridge positioning? [ATA]

I'm literally down to the last parts of my build and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to position the plastic bridge onto the chesplate. I've been staring at photo references and build threads of my same kit [ATA] and I just can't figure it out. Maybe I'm thinking too hard. How do you guys decide where to permanently fasten it? I know the placement will vary on your individual chest width. 

Pictures or links would be awesome!

Remember the plastic bridge only permanently glue to the chest and free floats over the back.  Place them following the angle of the chest plate (upper part going to the shoulder).  As for placement for length it will depend on your size.  I know on mine I placed mine as far up as I could due to me having a large chest and shoulders.

If you get hopelessly stuck, get someone to help you. Have them hold the backplate on you while you hold the chest. Find a way, with a mirror, that you can see the back. Then take each bridge and hold it up. You don't want them to angle in too much, you just want them to lay nice over your shoulder. Once you see it like that, hold it in place on the chest and mark it. Like Mike said, you only glue the front on the chest

The screen shown position of the strap on the chest plate is one large ridge and 4 and 1/2 small ridges, as the ATA chest plate is different to most you can only fit one large ridge and 2 and 1/2 ridges on the chest plate.

I heat bent my straps before the actual gluing to the front. I worked up what looked right with the straps taped on and made sure everything looked right and then glued and clamped.

If you can get another trooper to help you eyeball the placement (armor party!!!!) then would definitely make the decision easier too.

When I would get stuck on things, I would reference the EIB and Centurion submission pics and look for someone using the same type of armor, and similar body type.  That will give you great references..  There are a lot of very, very well done kits in there, with some great pictures to use as references.