Rob's NE armor build: ANH Stunt

Ive started building my NE armor, and I plan to put up some pics eventually. Had some questions though... I have both shins complete and one thigh complete. When I was doing some fitting tests, I noticed the shin and thigh are pretty tight...not much space between and it's rubbing together. I'm only 5'8 so I'm going to probably have to trim somewhere. If I trim the thigh piece, the return edges on top will have to go. (I removed them on the bottom side of course). Or, should I just take some off the bottom of my shin piece? Thoughts?

I'm curious - you said "I removed them on the bottom side of course" in reference to the return edge on the bottoms of the thighs.  I've been researching thigh pieces, and I have yet to find anywhere that says to remove the return edge at the bottom of them.  Could you show me where you found the info that says the bottom return edge on the thighs should be removed?

Pics would be very helpful seeing as we now have bad thoughts as to the trimming of the bottom like you said.  With these parts, the only place you can really trim are the bottom of the grieves and the top of the thighs. A hobby iron, if you can borrow or buy one cheap, can help you re-make the return edges if you will need to cut them off. This is a pic of the hobby iron I refer toDSCN0610_zpsf9ee6010.jpg