My Doopydoos E11 build (kind of)

Buck10

OK some of you may know that I was considering buying a pre-built E off Ebay but decided against it & went for a Doopydoos kit form E11. Well it came & I've spent the last few weeks putting it together, unfortunately I didnt document it as I went, a combination of a hectic life and....actually thats the reason in a nutshell. Evenings after my 4 year old went to bed of on weekends whilst he & his friends ran in & out the house.

Anyway I proabably spent double what I would of had I bought the Ebay blaster having purchased the following :-

Doopydoos Kit

Hobby Tool & accessories (Dremel type tool)

Hack Saw blades

Brass rods for pins

M6 bolts

Aluminium rail 20mm

Aluminium 'L' rail 20X30mm

Humbrols paints, Primer spray can, Black Satin Spray cans, black gloss, 2 x different Metallic Silvers, Brass, Black Satin, Matt Varnish spray.

Glass Domes for rear scope

Small round mirrors for the front of the scope

Gorilla glue

I had an extendible curtain pole of which I used the inner to wrap the coathangers around & the out I cut short to use inside the barrel. I tried 4 types of coathanger none of which I'm happy with (wife had to buy new coathangers today lol) so I've bought some galvanised steel garden wire to try.

2NaDOwk.jpg

The brass rods I picked up from a model shop that was closing down. I cut them down into pins to strengthen the usual places, pistol grip, folding stock etc & I used the Christmas Cracker screwdriver trick for the front sight which also acted as a pin.

n5h2va3.jpg

So this is the blaster mostly built minus the scope rail which was the worst part of the build, not having a workbench or vise etc.

AkxDnxs.jpg

Xeb247i.jpg

CA2c07t.jpg

Fast forward a week or so & this is where I was at

ow45gJh.jpg

AFjke1U.jpg

The scope rail like I said was the biggest cause of expletives of the whole build as trying to hack saw on the floor in the garage & then on a tumble dryer isnt easy. Also I made the mistake of buying a 20x20mm 'L' rail which of course didnt clear the barrel so I had to go back to B&Q & but the 20x30mm.

These are the latest photos including the weathering. I've still got to add the target reticule, glass dome, mirror & eventually put in a counter.

79mMboq.jpg

R2CsFp2.jpg

GXHD9Mz.jpg

Oh and whilst spraying I created a little Death Star by accident

yYaOr73.jpg

I havent varnished it yet as there is still some painting to do, I didnt swap out the bolts in the power cells & for some reason painted them silver so they need to be black again.

Oh and something you should never do. I used a BBB stood on its end, opening the flaps to create a spraying room. So when the wife was out I moved it into the back room next to the French doors for ventilation. With 10 mins before my wife's return I moved the box to discover a box shaped pattern on the carpet!!! Q massive carpet cleaning exercise which I just finished and covered with the dog bed as the door opened. Thankfully its a charcoal carpet and acrylic paint is easily removed.

cannot see it on the pics..the area where the fire selection lever is, which colour is it? It is supposed to be "silvery"....:-)

It is satin black and weathered. I did use a silver then dry brushed black onto it. I was totally undecided as to which silver to use and the two I have seemed overkill.

It is satin black and weathered. I did use a silver then dry brushed black onto it. I was totally undecided as to which silver to use and the two I have seemed overkill.

the reason why it is silvery is because the trigger housing is made from a differnet metal, thus it is not black satin...you can take a quick look at the one I made....to see the colour....

the reason why it is silvery is because the trigger housing is made from a differnet metal, thus it is not black satin...you can take a quick look at the one I made....to see the colour....

Thanks, so any particular humbrol silver? EDIT Actually having looked yours I can user one of the silvers I have.

Edited by Buck10

Thanks, so any particular humbrol silver?

yup, but not too shiny though...what I do is add a little grey/white taking out the shine....I do no use Humbrol but Citadel paint though

You made a blaster that looks 100% better than the Ebay horror you might have purchased@!

I'm glad people are weathering the blaster so well.

what you're looking for in a blaster paint job is when it's photographed, so you've done a fine job!

I agree that the counter MIGHT need to be toned down.

when you put on the matte, make sure you leave an even light coat.

only add that final coat when the humidity and temps are right. you can spray outside then bring it inside to cure.

The placement of the counter and sight rail is EXCELLENT!   the counter position is SPOT ON!

if every counter placement looked as good as that I'd be a much happier blaster nut!

you should purchase my clip end and lock to add to this!

those are the only parts you're missing!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392