.Alot of Meat!

I say line up the elbow end of the forearms. The return edge (the lip) of the wrist end is supposed to cut off anyway.

Edit: On second read, maybe I misunderstood if you are trimming for length or circumference fit....

Edited by Nagedzi

No no, the insides were designed to be cut the way you have it. Line up the wrists and cut the extra triangle off at the elbow. The AM ones weren't long enough so these allow the extra space to avoid the uneven look the AMs had where the cover strip hid the discrepancy. You need to cut vertically first. See the other NE builds and do what they did.

Hm, I have read to line up the pieces at the elbow side and then cut the extra off at the wrists.  This also plays into removing the return edge at the wrist ends.

I hadn't read to line up at the wrists and cut at the elbow side before....

Also Dave, I believe you have the wrong pieces matched up in your photo.

On each forearm piece, there is a molded raised ridge.  Those ridges go together.  You measure 7mm from where the molded ridge starts and then cut off the extra on each piece.  Next, take off the return edges of the wrists. Then you fit the two pieces on your arm and wrap around the piece without the 11 / 12 indentions on it, find a good fit, then mark and cut at that point.  

Now you have your two pieces of forearm ready for a 15mm finishing strip.

EDIT:

Check this thread for how to do the forearms:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24737-rs-props-build-in-progress/

Edited by maxsteele

So does that men I will loose some of these notches is the forearm?

When I line up the two pieces of my forearm at the elbow side, it is the piece without the notches that is longer.

EDIT:

here's what my alignment looks like from the elbow end.  Note it's the piece without the notches that is longer:

Left forearm:

JzlyRXG.jpg

RQ0pKnd.jpg

Right Forearm:

YkIL53E.jpg

Av8fiRS.jpg

Edited by maxsteele