Anybody use the Rotary Tool Available from Trooperbay?

I did a search and couldn't find a thread that specifically addressed this, and I'm not sure where else to ask about it, so I'm trying it here.

Has anyone used the rotary tool kit available from Trooperbay?  I cannot determine a brand, and quite frankly I'm not to worried about it if I can find some of you that will vouch for it.  I'm of the mindset that if it is on Trooperbay, it is probably perfectly worth the money spent on it, but I'd like to know if it is a better idea to spend more on another brand.

I've never built armor before - I'm on a waiting list til 2014 sometime - so I'm looking to do a Doopydoos Pipe build of my E-11 while I'm waiting.

If anyone can give me a solid thumbs-up for the rotary tool, I'll go ahead and order it so I can order the Doopy kit in my next batch of armor/accessory purchases. 

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide, even if it is in the form of another thread that has addressed this already, like I said, I did do a couple of searches before posting.

Thanks again!

I’m pretty sure that rotary tool was just recently added to trooperbay.com.   I bought my dremel a few months ago at a local hardward store, before trooperbay offered one.  I definitely would have gone with trooperbays $25 dremel!  I paid quite a bit more for mine, and it didn’t even come with as many attachments.  You don’t really need a fancy, high power, multi-speed dremel working with these armor kits.  So, while I haven’t used trooperbays dremel, I’d say go for it.  It’s a great price!

I use a cheaper brand name dremel from my local hardware shop, I don't know how I ever lived without it, the things you can do with it are endless, lots of different bits/tips available for it, highly recommend for an armor builder :D

I greatly appreciate the feedback. 

I've put it in my cart for the time being and after some further investigation at Trooperbay (making the picture larger two times) I can read on the side of the tool, even though it is upside down, what looks like "RPM 8000 - 18000." I figured it would be alright, but with no experience at this (yet) I was unsure how much power is appropriate/sufficient/not enough for working with armor grade ABS or Doopy Doos kits.

Thanks again, everyone. 

Perhaps sometime in November/December, I'll have an E-11 blaster build going and can share some pictures of my progress!

Edited by Dark CMF

Well I'll be a wookie's uncle.  It is EXACTLY the same one.

Awesome stuff, Daniel!!

I'm glad I stopped by before I went to order it.  Thanks a million.

They have a 25% off any one item Labor Day sale going on this weekend, too.  After Tax, discount and shipping, the total was barely more than $15, and the order has been placed.

Edited by Dark CMF

Well I'll be a wookie's uncle.  It is EXACTLY the same one.

Awesome stuff, Daniel!!

I'm glad I stopped by before I went to order it.  Thanks a million.

They have a 25% off any one item Labor Day sale going on this weekend, too.  After Tax, discount and shipping, the total was barely more than $15, and the order has been placed.

Nice find!..now all you need is the Doopydoos kit:-)... They btw also carry a cool blaster stand in their inventory.

Feel free to ask if the Doopydoos threads aren't sufficient:-)

Nice find!..now all you need is the Doopydoos kit:-)... They btw also carry a cool blaster stand in their inventory.

Feel free to ask if the Doopydoos threads aren't sufficient:-)

Spot on, Soren.  The Doopydoos will probably be December, as I've exhausted my monthly "allowance" for September with the purchases yesterday.  October will probably be the boots and the remaining bit of my preorder for my Xbox One games.  November though...  Doopydoos, maybe neck seal and/or hand guards.  Then January will be when I start to purchase the items necessary to build the armor, in anticipation of the brown box arrival.  :)

In the meantime, I'll be reading and re-reading all of the E-11 build threads - starting with yours again.

Spot on, Soren.  The Doopydoos will probably be December, as I've exhausted my monthly "allowance" for September with the purchases yesterday.  October will probably be the boots and the remaining bit of my preorder for my Xbox One games.  November though...  Doopydoos, maybe neck seal and/or hand guards.  Then January will be when I start to purchase the items necessary to build the armor, in anticipation of the brown box arrival.  :)

In the meantime, I'll be reading and re-reading all of the E-11 build threads - starting with yours again.

Good luck on it all:-).. And ask if you need help/inspiration....:-)

How far out do you expect to be on your armor build?

I sort of " cheated" and ordered a fully built suit from TM..:-).

I have all the accessories either here, or in the mail, and I expect the armour to be finished sometime next week.

So if all goes according to plan I will forward my " enlistment paperwork" before the end of September.....:-)...

I sort of " cheated" and ordered a fully built suit from TM..:-).

I have all the accessories either here, or in the mail, and I expect the armour to be finished sometime next week.

So if all goes according to plan I will forward my " enlistment paperwork" before the end of September.....:-)...

So, so awesome.

I'll probably be pestering the living daylights out of you about the E-11 build.  You and several others.  There are so many good looking ones out there.

Good luck with the fully built armor.  Hopefully it fits you alright and you don't have a ton of extra work ahead of you.

Edited by Dark CMF

So, so awesome.

I'll probably be pestering the living daylights out of you about the E-11 build.  You and several others.  There are so many good looking ones out there.

Good luck with the fully built armor.  Hopefully it fits you alright and you don't have a ton of extra work ahead of you.

Thnx Tim :-).

Please ask all you want, it won't be pestering, I will gladly help you where I can....

I expect it to fit right out of the box, as I have sent all my meassurements to TM (Paul), just like going to the taylors :-), so if any, I expect only minor adjustments.......:-)..

Oh wow.  That is really pretty awesome, Soren. 

I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like that so far.  Very cool indeed but alas... I don't think I'd fit into a TM kit very well so I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and then I'll be building, building, building.  LoL

Oh wow.  That is really pretty awesome, Soren. 

I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like that so far.  Very cool indeed but alas... I don't think I'd fit into a TM kit very well so I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and then I'll be building, building, building.  LoL

Like I said, would be a pleassure helping you out advise etc.:-)..

Yes it's very cool, and ofcourse I am rather excited. Both about getting it and the fit..but I am confident that the fit will be spot on when Paul says it will....:-)....

Yes building building....I am sure it will be very rewarding when you are finished;-)....