Discourage trooper...

Hello Troops, 

So I did my second application to get into the 501st Legion and I still have more work to do on my armor. Some tweaks I can fix without any problems, as I have already started. But, my major problem is my belt being too low. It is suppose to arrive over the butt plate, but, my armor is used and when my friend had cut the butt/kidney plate, he had made the cut to be hidden by the belt. So that screws me a bit. How can I fix that?

Here are my application pictures and what I was told to fix by the GML; 

-remove black straps connecting the chest & backplates, under the arms. Connecting the chest to the ab & the back to the kidney on the inside should be sufficient to secure those pieces. DONE

- thighs seem to jam into shins and you may want these raised up a bit WORKING ON IT AS I'M TYPING THIS

- the whole Ab/Kidney/Cod/Butt/Belt area is hanging too low. Belt should be above butt plate. It probably just needs to be a bit tighter. I can do some of it, but, my belt butt issue is my major problem. 
G7d99IE.jpgAGjof7c.jpgBrnTRKA.jpgAF3K4ZW.jpg

(I could have smiled loll)

Thanks for your help, 

Eric
Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Do you have any pictures of the cut on the back so we can get a handle on the problem?

I use a pair of screw snaps on my ammo belt (one on either end of the plastic area in front) to attach and help lock the belt into position against the ab plate. There should be tutorials on here showing that method. Of course it could depend on that cut in the back on how to line it up and to see if that method could help your situation.

Hi Troy, here are some pictures .

Thanks for your help,

Eric

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hi Eric, 

I can't tell from the pic's how your chest and back are connected to the ab plate and kidney piece. Take a look at this strapping setup. This will help keep everything in the right place.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24487-diagram-of-snap-placement/

You could first try raising the ab piece where it meets the kidney on the sides. Maybe about 2 inches or so, this will raise your belt  closer to your waist and off your hips. This may work. The cod looks a little shorter than normal, did the previous owner make the cod shorter?  If so, after you raise the ab  plate you could lower the cod if it's too high. This gap will be hidden by the belt so it wont show.  Hope this helps.

The suit looks to be a FX with the cod cut out by default. This makes the cod a separate piece for ease of movement, but it's hard to work with and the cut needs to be hidden. The problem this creates is you then need to put the belt lower than usual, which throws everything off. The top of the plastic belt on your waist should be touching the lowest button on your ab plate, then there will be a snap on the left and right side of the ab plate to help support the weight of the belt. With this done, the rest of the belt will fall into place. The back of your belt should not cover up the cut, but be about an inch up on the kidney piece. 

I see there are some holes in your armor on the kidney/but plates, you will want to fill those in with ABS paste (use some acetone to melt some ABS scraps to create the paste, then fill in the hole with melted ABS, works wonders).

Is there anyone you know in your local garrison who lives close and who is old hand at armor? That is a great place to start for a little hand and support when making modifications you aren't sure or comfortable with.

The belt is held in place with Chicago Screws on each side. I know I know lolll, I simply used the hole that were used for the plastic belt. Should I bring it up to the red line or the blue line?

YZTsx6N.jpg

As for the ABS paste, I will make some with the old belt that I have. 

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13

I would say Blue line, but the Red line is a little better since it doesn't cover half the other button. At this point, thats really nitpicking, the connection on the back seems to be the thing holding you back from acceptance. See if you can fill those holes on the back and front that are showing then just when you strap your belt on, make sure it's about an inch above the split between butt and kidney. It will help to remove the droopy look to your derrière.

I would def stay away from the teal line, that would throw everything off being crooked like that.

I just mean when you close your belt in the back, bring it up higher and make it as tight as you can to keep it up higher. If this doesn't work, you can also add a little velcro so it will stay high.

Talking with a friend today I came up with an idea and I wonder if it could work.

If I "reconnect" my kidney/butt plate (the same way I did with my cod) and make a lower cut, would this work?

Thanks,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hello again, 

I raised my belt in front and I've decided to go along and reattach my kidney/butt plate. Where should I make the cut? #1 or #2?

-------------

Thank you, 

Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The location of the belt is perfect now, from the front.

I would hesitate to reattach, then recut your back/butt pieces. Is there no way you can just get the belt to stay up higher on the back piece, like a piece of velcro?

Hello Derrek, thank you for all your input, it is much appreciated. I have raised my belt and held it with some magnet to show you how it looks. It's pretty bad lol. That's why I was thinking of cutting it. 

Thank you, 

Eric

Lu900zz.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Yes, yes you are right!

This is a good picture though, now I see that the original cut was badly done and the butt piece is way to long.

In this case, I think cut #2 is the better cut, because the piece is to long at the current cut.

I also notice that the butt hangs down a lot longer than the cod does. In the end, they should be about at the same length instead of one being longer than the other. This will be a bit difficult as the Cod was cut shorter by the original seller, so you lost an inch and a half already. But moving the cut of you back/butt would be the first step to getting the belt in the right location.

Yes, yes you are right!

This is a good picture though, now I see that the original cut was badly done and the butt piece is way to long.

In this case, I think cut #2 is the better cut, because the piece is to long at the current cut.

I also notice that the butt hangs down a lot longer than the cod does. In the end, they should be about at the same length instead of one being longer than the other. This will be a bit difficult as the Cod was cut shorter by the original seller, so you lost an inch and a half already. But moving the cut of you back/butt would be the first step to getting the belt in the right location.

The way the butt hangs is juste because it's not well ajusted on the hanger. When I wear it, it looks better.

Thanks for all your input. If I ever go to Germany, I will have to buy you a Kölsch ;)

Eric

Hey there,

just went through your thread, you're almost there. For deciding on where to make the cut for your butt plate fix, maybe this shot from the References Lib might help:

gallery_12157_16_1326.jpg

Shot was taken from an angle but I think just from estimating and applying the ratio between butt and backplate to the much bigger FX back plate, cut at line 2 from your picture above.

When attaching the fixed butt plate to the back plate again, please consider mimiking the original strapping and use 3 elastic straps, 2 on each side plus 1 in the center as seen on this reference pic (the screws).

Prevents your butt from moving too weird while walking.

Now hurry up, the legion needs reinforcements

Hey there,

just went through your thread, you're almost there. For deciding on where to make the cut for your butt plate fix, maybe this shot from the References Lib might help:

Posted Image

Shot was taken from an angle but I think just from estimating and applying the ratio between butt and backplate to the much bigger FX back plate, cut at line 2 from your picture above.

When attaching the fixed butt plate to the back plate again, please consider mimiking the original strapping and use 3 elastic straps, 2 on each side plus 1 in the center as seen on this reference pic (the screws).

Prevents your butt from moving too weird while walking.

Now hurry up, the legion needs reinforcements

My butt plate was already attached this way.

Thank you for your help Patrick and I will be working on it this week-end. We have a holiday here, so I have 3 days to work on it.

Eric