Eye glasses

I am looking at getting a set of AP armor. I just have a few questions. I am 5' 7" 155lbs and I wear glasses and from what I can tell the armor should fit me. Would i be able to wear my glasses though? I have never seen anyone ask this question so that's why I am. I am also wondering if it would be better to get the helmet assembled and painted. I could probably handle the assembly with only a few issues but I suck at painting. Thanks in advance for any advice you have for me.

I don't have an AP helmet, nevertheless my glasses do not fit under my TM helmet.

What I use is an optical foil from 3M with matching dioptrin I put on the green lens material. Works really nice for me, no messing around with glasses in the helmet, no fear of destroying them while putting the helmet on/off.

I don't have an AP helmet, nevertheless my glasses do not fit under my TM helmet.

What I use is an optical foil from 3M with matching dioptrin I put on the green lens material. Works really nice for me, no messing around with glasses in the helmet, no fear of destroying them while putting the helmet on/off.

Where did you get that foil??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Where did you get that foil??

Thanks

Got it from a supply store for opticians on the internet here in Germany. But 3M is an international company, so you will probably find them everywhere.

I have three pairs of glasses, all of which are too big to wear in my eFX. I'm considering popping the lenses out of my oldest pair and somehow attaching them to the bucket lenses. I imagine this could be done to any helmet, including AP. But that's just an assumption. It's also an assumption that you have an older pair of glasses you no longer regularly use.  ;)

Edited by SolidScrafty

Got it from a supply store for opticians on the internet here in Germany. But 3M is an international company, so you will probably find them everywhere.

Thanks, I will check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

thats really awesome to know didnt even know u could get stuff like that gonna have to check that out myself for when i get my helmet

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2013 at 5:16 AM, Minuteman said:

Here are a couple of US source for lenses like that- they don't list prices though since they seem to sell only to eyecare professionals.

http://www.fresnel-prism.com/products/-3m-press-on-optics/

http://www.signetarmorlite.com/lab-tech-pro/3m-products/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I am on the same boat. Big head and eyeglasses :( Just got my eFX bucket just to play with and I had to remove some foam to make my head fit with my eyeglasses but squishes them painfully to my eyes. Short term solution is probably put padding in front of my forehead and remove the back foam for now. 

Hopefully, my RS bucket would be the same or larger! If not, then I will try to check these thin press on optic films.