Padding for Armor Pieces

Hello,

I'm kind of a Slimmer Guy so, Just wondering how to make the Armor more form fitting ? Can I add Foam Padding to the inside of the armor pieces so that it doesnt feel like it's all moving around & clunky.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreiacted !

Thanks

Vince

The forearms were the only padding I needed, more to keep it from turning. you'll need to recut your armor to fit youself. Use the thumb rule, your armor should fit you no bigger than the size of thumb/ approx. one inch. The bi-ceps may need more.

Remember padding retains heat so you want to use it loosely and needs to dry out after troops or it'll smell and mildew/mold.( fyi: always air out gloves, helmet pads after troops)

Hot glue is only temp so use Amazing goop, place glue on both parts for best results.

Edited by Ciscotiger

I use some yellow foam pieces for areas that I need some padding, I have glued Velcro to both sides so I can remove them for washing, sometimes you can get pretty sweaty trooping

I am pretty slim too. I cut down my thighs a fair amount so I wouldn't have to pad them. I did end up padding my forearms a little so they wouldn't constantly be rotating and flopping around.

• 10 months later...