Screen accurate snaps?

Can anybody tell me what size and type of snaps that were used in the films? And perhaps where to buy them. Im working on my RS and would like to go as screen accurate as possible. I know that they didnt use those heavy duty snaps. Any close up picture would be great.

And im assuming that the belt (connecting to the ab), top left corner of the ab and the butt plate used the same type of snaps, correct?

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated,

The name is Newey, as seen in picture two (main reason I posted it. Helmet is JoeR's ROTJ but snaps are the same as far as I know)

As for the size, I'm actually not sure, but they are not very large. Probably between 1/2 and 2/3rd the size of a normal heavy duty snap.

No, not mm.newey's came in different sizes and the correct "Newey" sizes are 5 for the cap and 4 for everything else. They are not easy to find.

Thanks Mark, and you are right, they are very hard to find..

UK folks who don't mind sorting through some other kinds of snaps mind find something useful in this lot:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 7/9/2013 at 1:56 AM, Locitus said:

UK folks who don't mind sorting through some other kinds of snaps mind find something useful in this lot:

-------

Wow, thanks Mathias, i don't mind either. I'll keep an eye out for this. if i end up buying it (and they are correct) will give out the extras to whoever needs them, thanks again mate..

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I also found these, but they are the wrong color..

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Be aware that you need a special setting tool for these. Your regular setting tools for most snaps will not work on these. They go together unlike all other snaps of similar style so the snaps are useless without the tool.

Thanks Paul, do you perhaps have a picture of what the tool looks like? thanks.

These are the setting tools available on ebay but they are too big for the screen accurate snaps.

$(KGrHqIOKnME3bvVhK6pBN4EgEZY5w~~_35.JPG

I bought them as back ups to the ones I got with my Newey snaps but quickly found they ruined the snaps although they worked great on the larger ones I have. You might be able to get a local engineer to machine a set up for you?