New To Armour

Sgt Steve

:) Hello all. As I posted before, I am now waiting for my second set of FX armour. I have completed one set but my first time out and it really is to my mind not good for wear. Now that I do know some things, and what works on me I hope to do a bit better with it. After I get the next FX done, then I may start looking for TE/RT ect. I have a bad time with thigh plates due to being 5'8". The arms are hard to try to get to work also. The first two are just after some trimming and still useing mostly velcro. The last pic is how it is now. Mostly snaps being used with most velcro gone. I now have the legs in the garter type of set up with the upper plates "pulled " up a bit higher.

:) Hello all. As I posted before, I am now waiting for my second set of FX armour. I have completed one set but my first time out and it really is to my mind not good for wear. Now that I do know some things, and what works on me I hope to do a bit better with it. After I get the next FX done, then I may start looking for TE/RT ect. I have a bad time with thigh plates due to being 5'8". The arms are hard to try to get to work also. The first two are just after some trimming and still useing mostly velcro. The last pic is how it is now. Mostly snaps being used with most velcro gone. I now have the legs in the garter type of set up with the upper plates "pulled " up a bit higher.

Looks good steve, I wish I have your speed. :unsure:

Hello Steve, I just need to know 1 thing, why did you buy another FX? and just didn't go ahead and get the TE/RT instead of putting your money into the FX again? :blink:

Have to agree there. The forearms will need to be reshaped my friend - that's certainly not an acceptable profile. There are other folks on this board who are your height or smaller that make them work.

Also, keep in mind that you'll never get perfect movement no matter what. The suits are designed to look good, not be completely free of pinching.

Have you talked to anyone in your local garrison yet? They really should be helping you with this.

:) Hi all. First I got the second set of FX because of just that, I now know what it's about, what to expect, and what my game plan will be to put it together. I still am not too sure what every sub-type of armour all are. :blink: I do know I like the ABS type, and really want to keep to it. I know the helm for the FX is over-sized, but with 2 fan's, 2 boards, the amp and burst mode board, and all the 9v bats for them, it will get pretty tight inside! :P The arms as you can see had to be not so clean-cut to let me at least bend my arms, and also I have no real work place to use my dremell on the. They tend to make one hell of a lot of sound when you use them, and I live in a appartment, so LOT's of hand cutting/fileing! :P