wanting to build!

Gumbytron

I think the best place to start, is right where you did, by introducing yourself and what you are interested in.

The next big step is a lot of reading/searching and researching. Have a look at this sub-forum chock full of great topics to get your mind racing.

Many of us, myself included, had NO experience in building, props, cosplay etc before getting started. The most important virtual I learned here is patience. 

Good luck!

Research is the main thing, as with any costume but more so for one that not many make. Good luck with your search, hope to see a build thread soon.

I was lucky that at my job I was able to get onto the internet, so I was able to read, read, and read some more. I use everything I have read into my suit, and now I am going to be putting in for centurion. Just take the armor one step at a time, I see a lot of legs that don't fit right. what I do is put the torso together first, then do the arms and legs next. that way you can shorten the thighs or the shins if you are not tall enough. If you research enough you will be taught on how to clam shell your torso and how to make a return edge. If somebody was closer then they could show you how to do it, I have helped the last three TK's in my garrison make theres to EIB standards. Since I am the GML then I know the armor is put together correctly and should be a easy pass. The only problem is the lack of correct boots but that should not be a problem very soon.